• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Threatened on Easter

19Daniel91

Hey y'all, just joined this forum a couple days ago, so this event took place a while ago.

On Easter of 2009 around 10:00pm after I got back from driving my grandmother home, we started receiving phone calls from a guy named Michael. Now my parents and I knew who Michael was, long story short, he was living with my sister who was a diehard alcoholic that we had to kick out of the house.

Anyway, my dad answers the phone, and Michael who was probably intoxicated begins yelling, swearing, and threatning to come over here and tare him apart "like a deer". He called and threatened to drive over here three times and a fourth time called randomly and said, "When the whip comes down, it comes down hard!" then hung up.

Well, folks, one thing Michael didn't know is that I had made the honorable purchase of a Century Arms WASR 7.62x39 semiautomatic rifle earlier that year, so I was ready.

Either way, my dad contacted the police, and the sheriff took over 20 minutes to get to our house because he had issues to deal with across the county. And he only stayed for about 10 minutes.

The good news is, Michael never showed up and was all talk, and I had stayed awake and on guard until 7:00am with my rifle to make sure of that.

But the lesson learned is that as awesome as the police are, they cannot be our 24/7 personal protection against those who wish us harm.

xmanhockey7

If any of you haven't read this, I'd suggest it. It shows that police are not actually duty to protect you.

http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/kasler-protection.html

I would like to say that cops and great and they put their life on the line everyday. What they do is honorable and you should respect police. However they can't be everywhere and sometimes they do fail to protect you. This article clearly shows that.

19Daniel91

is there a dunkin donuts near you :)
glad you did not have to resort to DGU but yes get a restraining order ASAP .. remember it is not worth the paper it is wrote on if he decides to attack your family...

Yes, there is a Dunkin Donuts two minutes away, and I see 2-3 squad cars in the parking lot every morning when I pass by for work. :rolleyes: The rumors are true.

Restraining order is a great idea. It's been a while since the threats, but better safe than sorry.

I wish everyone in this country--actually, the world--would experience a frightening scenario like this though. It would have to wake them up and realize the need for firearms.