• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And here I thought Parks were a safe and Happy Place

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
It happened in California so the victims were naturally unarmed. Assuming there are no local ordinances, I suppose one could probably unloaded open carry a handgun, but that probably won't be possible after this month is over where a ban on the unloaded open carry of handguns will probably pass. I suppose after this month you could still bring a shotgun, but good luck playing basketball with a shotgun!

Nevada carrier

Something to think about when going about your day while armed. When a dog running free and unrestrained approaches you, how do you know that dog is a playful, friendly dog or if it's looking for a human chew toy. Can you use a firearm to protect a small child from an unrestrained dog if you believe that dog may be dangerous or present a risk of grave bodily injury? Does anyone know if this has happened and what risk of prosecution may occure for doing so?

Dangerfish

In todays world, I would not be surprised if a dog attacks a child, you shoot the dog to save the childs life, and the parents if the child sue you for endangering their child... I mean, if you can break into someones house, hurt yourself, and sue and WIN...**** is messed up...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
This obviously never happened.

Everybody knows that if you choose to be helpless, nothing bad can happen to you. A magic shield of rainbows, fairy dust, and unicorns surrounds you every time you choose to be helpless. It makes you untouchable. Everybody knows this.

This report is a lie.

/sarcasm

demoniacraven

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13008228

He says, "Metro does a good job policing the streets. They don't have enough officers to get up in the parks to know all the little locations where crime does occur in parks. And, quite honestly, they have their own calls for service to handle."

So again, would someone please explain to me why we aren't allowed to carry in parks?

Remmy

They don't have enough officers to get up in the parks...."

"get up in it" Polk.

Yet another reason i dont "get up in" parks at all. Dont have enough officers provide for a safe enviroment, stop the unlawful gun freezone in our parks. its not your responsiblity to protect us.