Thread: Please hit up this poll!

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Please hit up this poll!

Poll on the Baraboo News Republic site, in my neck of the woods.

http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonewsrepublic/

It's on the left hand side, about 3/4 of the way down.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Better get moving! It's 51% against! Of course, there are 2 yes answers available.

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post

Been there, done that..

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post

Voted OC & CC

we need more votes!
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Poll

Yes. I think open carry is a good policy. 20%
    Yes. I also think concealed carry should be made legal. 32%
    No. 47%
    I don't care. 1%

52% yes of some sorts
    47% No (idiots lol!)
    1% care less either way

so statistically this is about the norm for any poll in Wisconsin. I do wonder what is in the water in Baraboo that approximatley 50% are for and 50% against. I sure hope that the election especially with Mayor IgotBeatDown Bad does not win in a close one i would do #2 in my pants and then move to a different state that is free should that happen...

just saying....

Interesting poll Yes vote total is 52% but 12% only approve public carry if the firearm is concealed.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Interesting and perhaps logical considering that, for many years, now only Bad Guys in Wisconsin have concealed their guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Interesting poll Yes vote total is 52% but 12% only approve public carry if the firearm is concealed.
    Maybe it's just a little too late in the day for me but I'm having trouble figuring out how you extrapolated that. The poll asks: Do you think people in Wisconsin should be allowed to openly carry firearms in public? and the second poll option is: Yes. I also think concealed carry should be made legal.

It would seem to me that a concealed ONLY option is non-existant. Maybe that's why so many no votes?
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Both yes questions approve the carry of firearms. Yes question 1 open carry. Yes question 2 concealed carry. yes question 2 is an additive question to yes question 1. You can only vote for one yes question so you must make a decision on whether you prefer open carry or concealed carry. The total yes votes are 52%. However, 12% more people answered that, when it comes to public carry of firearms , they prefer concealed carry over open carry. If those 12% did not approve of carry of firearms they would have voted No or I don't care. This extrapolation works only because a person has only one vote for two yes questions. 52% of the people voted in favor of carry of firearms, only differing in the manner of carry.

It's possible that if those 12% were asked "If open carry was the only manner of carry of firearms allowed by private citizens would you endorse public carry of firearms"? They would answer No or I don't care.
    Last edited by Captain Nemo; 08-17-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Yes. I think open carry is a good policy. 19%
    Yes. I also think concealed carry should be made legal. 40%

I voted for the 2nd option The ban on c.c. should be repealed no permits, giving us the option to choose to fit our need at the time of our choosing.

Kind of a tricky poll. I'm not sure what the paper is trying to deduce. Being that there are always two sides to a coin a person could conclude that because yes question 2 is additive to question 1 and with the operative word "Also" That everyone that answered yes to question 2 also favors open carry but those that answered yes to question 1 only prefer open carry. And then, of the 40% that have voted No, how many are voting No to open carry, as the poll question is phrased, but may answer yes to concealed carry. Maybe this is why politicians enjoy "spin" so much. I guess the only thing concrete is that as it currently stands 59% of the people polled endorse citizen carry of firearms in public in one manner or another. I think the poll is intentionally flawed so that the paper can draw any conclusion it desires, as I have done. That is why I hate polls.
    Last edited by Captain Nemo; 08-17-2010 at 06:57 PM.

I think everyone in the country should be allowed to carry a firearm anyway they please

Quote Originally Posted by Howey01 View Post
    I think everyone in the country should be allowed to carry a firearm anyway they please
    Ditto!

Also I hit the poll

Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    Yes. I also think concealed carry should be made legal. 40%

I voted for the 2nd option The ban on c.c. should be repealed no permits, giving us the option to choose to fit our need at the time of our choosing.
    thank you 100%
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

"Yes. I also think concealed carry should be made legal." Is at 48% as of my vote.

Both yes questions approve the carry of firearms. Yes question 1 open carry. Yes question 2 concealed carry. yes question 2 is an additive question to yes question 1. You can only vote for one yes question so you must make a decision on whether you prefer open carry or concealed carry. The total yes votes are 52%. However, 12% more people answered that, when it comes to public carry of firearms , they prefer concealed carry over open carry. If those 12% did not approve of carry of firearms they would have voted No or I don't care. This extrapolation works only because a person has only one vote for two yes questions. 52% of the people voted in favor of carry of firearms, only differing in the manner of carry.

It's possible that if those 12% were asked "If open carry was the only manner of carry of firearms allowed by private citizens would you endorse public carry of firearms"? They would answer No or I don't care.
    Kind of a tricky poll. I'm not sure what the paper is trying to deduce. Being that there are always two sides to a coin a person could conclude that because yes question 2 is additive to question 1 and with the operative word "Also" That everyone that answered yes to question 2 also favors open carry but those that answered yes to question 1 only prefer open carry. And then, of the 40% that have voted No, how many are voting No to open carry, as the poll question is phrased, but may answer yes to concealed carry. Maybe this is why politicians enjoy "spin" so much. I guess the only thing concrete is that as it currently stands 59% of the people polled endorse citizen carry of firearms in public in one manner or another. I think the poll is intentionally flawed so that the paper can draw any conclusion it desires, as I have done. That is why I hate polls.
    Are you done confusing yourself now Captain Nemo?
    Yeah, I know it was weird that there were two options that were for open carry but there it was. I'd like to think, our area being a bit more rural, that the paper actually wanted a flawed poll to turn out in favor of carry no matter what. Of course, you're probably right but a guys gotta have dreams!
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 08-18-2010 at 09:38 AM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Brass:
    I think you finally determined the hidden meaning to my convoluted posts. That being, polls are by nature usually confusing. They can be crafted so that the pollster can deduce any conclusion they wish. That is why I wonder what the underlying motive is to this poll. Don't misunderstand my devotion. I am very pleased that the total yes vote at this moment beats the no vote by 67% to 33%.
    Last edited by Captain Nemo; 08-18-2010 at 11:08 AM. Reason: corrected figures

Poll
    Do you think people in Wisconsin should be allowed to openly carry firearms in public?
    You voted: Yes. I also think concealed carry should be made legal.

Yes. I also think concealed carry should be made legal. 48%

No. 33%

I don't care. 1%

Total Votes: 641
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    But polls by their very nature are corruptible, pro and con.

Brass:
    I'm not belittling your thread. I'm just providing information on why polls should be viewed with caution.

For example: Using the values 67% total yes votes to 33% no votes.

The total yes votes are 205% of the no votes.
    The no votes are 49% of the total yes votes.
    depending on how the results are phrased one vote can be made to look stronger or weaker as compare to the other vote.

The reality: So far the total yes vote has outpolled the no vote by a ratio of 2 to 1.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    True, using the last set of numbers, an anti group could say

"33 percent of people surveyed say no carry should be allowed where only 19% say open carry should be allowed".

This would be technically correct but misleading.

There's a saying, figures do not lie but liars figure.

Brass:
    I'm not belittling your thread. I'm just providing information on why polls should be viewed with caution.

For example: Using the values 67% total yes votes to 33% no votes.

The total yes votes are 205% of the no votes.
    The no votes are 49% of the total yes votes.
    depending on how the results are phrased one vote can be made to look stronger or weaker as compare to the other vote.

The reality: So far the total yes vote has outpolled the no vote by a ratio of 2 to 1.
    Don't worry I am not taking offense to any of your posts. The couple above confused the heck out of me and I had to read them 4 times but other than that we're all good. It was kinda like a squirrel on meth, chasing it's tail....

I know poll data can be warped and the pollster can certainly squeeze a more "favorable" result out of them; however, I see no reason not to get as many people as we can to vote in our favor. Makes the skewing a little harder for the pollster if that's their intention.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Campaign Veteran

"Allowed" WTF?

Seriously...... Allowed??!! I'm not "allowed" to carry a gun or own a gun it's my goddam right! Ignorant media....... go figure

The day I'm "allowed" to own or carry a gun will be a bad day for those that do the allowing. Until then I will exercise my right to bear arms, and let idiots be idiots.

As of when I voted 08-19-10, 9.29 PM

Poll
    Do you think people in Wisconsin should be allowed to openly carry firearms in public?

Yes. I think open carry is a good policy. 18%
    Yes. I also think concealed carry should be made legal. 47%
    No. 34%
    I don't care. 1%

Total Votes: 796