• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please hit up this poll!

BerettaFS92Custom

Poll

Yes. I think open carry is a good policy. 20%
Yes. I also think concealed carry should be made legal. 32%
No. 47%
I don't care. 1%

52% yes of some sorts
47% No (idiots lol!)
1% care less either way

so statistically this is about the norm for any poll in Wisconsin. I do wonder what is in the water in Baraboo that approximatley 50% are for and 50% against. I sure hope that the election especially with Mayor IgotBeatDown Bad does not win in a close one i would do #2 in my pants and then move to a different state that is free should that happen...

just saying....

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Interesting poll Yes vote total is 52% but 12% only approve public carry if the firearm is concealed.
Maybe it's just a little too late in the day for me but I'm having trouble figuring out how you extrapolated that. The poll asks: Do you think people in Wisconsin should be allowed to openly carry firearms in public? and the second poll option is: Yes. I also think concealed carry should be made legal.

It would seem to me that a concealed ONLY option is non-existant. Maybe that's why so many no votes?

Captain Nemo

Both yes questions approve the carry of firearms. Yes question 1 open carry. Yes question 2 concealed carry. yes question 2 is an additive question to yes question 1. You can only vote for one yes question so you must make a decision on whether you prefer open carry or concealed carry. The total yes votes are 52%. However, 12% more people answered that, when it comes to public carry of firearms , they prefer concealed carry over open carry. If those 12% did not approve of carry of firearms they would have voted No or I don't care. This extrapolation works only because a person has only one vote for two yes questions. 52% of the people voted in favor of carry of firearms, only differing in the manner of carry.

It's possible that if those 12% were asked "If open carry was the only manner of carry of firearms allowed by private citizens would you endorse public carry of firearms"? They would answer No or I don't care.

Last edited:

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Yes. I think open carry is a good policy. 19%
Yes. I also think concealed carry should be made legal. 40%

I voted for the 2nd option The ban on c.c. should be repealed no permits, giving us the option to choose to fit our need at the time of our choosing.

Captain Nemo

Kind of a tricky poll. I'm not sure what the paper is trying to deduce. Being that there are always two sides to a coin a person could conclude that because yes question 2 is additive to question 1 and with the operative word "Also" That everyone that answered yes to question 2 also favors open carry but those that answered yes to question 1 only prefer open carry. And then, of the 40% that have voted No, how many are voting No to open carry, as the poll question is phrased, but may answer yes to concealed carry. Maybe this is why politicians enjoy "spin" so much. I guess the only thing concrete is that as it currently stands 59% of the people polled endorse citizen carry of firearms in public in one manner or another. I think the poll is intentionally flawed so that the paper can draw any conclusion it desires, as I have done. That is why I hate polls.

Last edited:

littlewolf

Yes. I also think concealed carry should be made legal. 40%

I voted for the 2nd option The ban on c.c. should be repealed no permits, giving us the option to choose to fit our need at the time of our choosing.

thank you 100%

Mlutz

"Yes. I also think concealed carry should be made legal." Is at 48% as of my vote. :)

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Both yes questions approve the carry of firearms. Yes question 1 open carry. Yes question 2 concealed carry. yes question 2 is an additive question to yes question 1. You can only vote for one yes question so you must make a decision on whether you prefer open carry or concealed carry. The total yes votes are 52%. However, 12% more people answered that, when it comes to public carry of firearms , they prefer concealed carry over open carry. If those 12% did not approve of carry of firearms they would have voted No or I don't care. This extrapolation works only because a person has only one vote for two yes questions. 52% of the people voted in favor of carry of firearms, only differing in the manner of carry.

It's possible that if those 12% were asked "If open carry was the only manner of carry of firearms allowed by private citizens would you endorse public carry of firearms"? They would answer No or I don't care.
Kind of a tricky poll. I'm not sure what the paper is trying to deduce. Being that there are always two sides to a coin a person could conclude that because yes question 2 is additive to question 1 and with the operative word "Also" That everyone that answered yes to question 2 also favors open carry but those that answered yes to question 1 only prefer open carry. And then, of the 40% that have voted No, how many are voting No to open carry, as the poll question is phrased, but may answer yes to concealed carry. Maybe this is why politicians enjoy "spin" so much. I guess the only thing concrete is that as it currently stands 59% of the people polled endorse citizen carry of firearms in public in one manner or another. I think the poll is intentionally flawed so that the paper can draw any conclusion it desires, as I have done. That is why I hate polls.
Are you done confusing yourself now Captain Nemo? ;):p
Yeah, I know it was weird that there were two options that were for open carry but there it was. I'd like to think, our area being a bit more rural, that the paper actually wanted a flawed poll to turn out in favor of carry no matter what. Of course, you're probably right but a guys gotta have dreams!:lol:

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

Brass:
I think you finally determined the hidden meaning to my convoluted posts. That being, polls are by nature usually confusing. They can be crafted so that the pollster can deduce any conclusion they wish. That is why I wonder what the underlying motive is to this poll. Don't misunderstand my devotion. I am very pleased that the total yes vote at this moment beats the no vote by 67% to 33%.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Poll
Do you think people in Wisconsin should be allowed to openly carry firearms in public?
You voted: Yes. I also think concealed carry should be made legal.

Yes. I also think concealed carry should be made legal. 48%

No. 33%

I don't care. 1%

Total Votes: 641

Captain Nemo

Brass:
I'm not belittling your thread. I'm just providing information on why polls should be viewed with caution.

For example: Using the values 67% total yes votes to 33% no votes.

The total yes votes are 205% of the no votes.
The no votes are 49% of the total yes votes.
depending on how the results are phrased one vote can be made to look stronger or weaker as compare to the other vote.

The reality: So far the total yes vote has outpolled the no vote by a ratio of 2 to 1.