• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First open carry in MO radio show

opencarryinmo

open carry radio show

hey all the show airs in an hour hope all can call in and join, follow the link

cshoff

I can appreciate what you are trying to do, but don't you think it would be prudent to have a program you can be talking about while you are waiting for listeners to call in? Seems like that would would be a good way to encourage conversation and keep listeners interested rather than just having dead air time.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
double that, I was going to do a pod cast at one time and had to gather tons of material for talk time but had to triple it to cover the actual time, people wont call in to talk to a "moron" on the radio. Im not calling you a moron but dont think waiting for a call for the whole show will get the show going you need to show the listener your not a nut

Research...Research...Research...Research... then more Research...

Last edited:

ALOTAGLOCK

Well I wish you all the best in the talk radio business. It is a very hard thing to do. I have actually personally met a radio talk show host and was able to have a conversation over dinner with him. He said that just prepping for a single show was more difficult than his grad work for his P-HD.

goalseter88

well i was going ot ask how it went. but i think i got the general idea.

if there another show, mabye it could be earlier. i tried staying up for it. but i get up early for work and 11pm to midnights a bit late for me to stay up. like 8pm to 9pm would be perfect.

did anyone call in?

Last edited:

opencarryinmo

no calls

no calls but bear in mind this was to be the first show to go live so was kinda hard to get program layout and have a side topic when no one calls in to participate it hard to carry on a show topic with no callers it would just be like talking to a wall, but i am open for suggestion,and people to set up to be guest on the show and tlk about wht ever they want to.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
no calls but bear in mind this was to be the first show to go live so was kinda hard to get program layout and have a side topic when no one calls in to participate it hard to carry on a show topic with no callers it would just be like talking to a wall, but i am open for suggestion,and people to set up to be guest on the show and tlk about wht ever they want to.

Uhm, now remember you ASKED for suggestions and that is what I am giving, there is no ill intent so don't get all mad and defensive.

Talk radio has to be targeted at an audience. You have to be teaching them SOMETHING or they will not be interested. You have to sponsor a bit of controversy and make some of them disagree a bit so they call to tell you that you are wrong and then someone else calls to tell them they are wrong etc. You have not done so according to the postings.

You targeted the OC crowd. Do you know more than most of them? Do you have anything to teach them? Can you get their attention and anger them enough to call you and disagree? This is what the monolog is all about, starting the blood moving either through learning or by emotional control, if you can not offer either then it is not likely that your going to grow much of an audience within your target group.

The other serious problem with it, timing. I can sign on here any time I want to and talk about whatever post interest me. With your radio show, I have to adjust my schedule to yours and do little or nothing but must be close enough to the puter to hear it. I need a pretty important reason to do that, unlike talk radio which is just a secondary noise while driving so to speak.

I personally do not think it is a wise venture at all and has the potential of creating far far more harm than good.