• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lapeer Days Aug 21, 22, 23

lapeer20m

An employee from the ambulance service were i work part time called me today to ask how to find something i posted on youtube. Said he was talking to a local cop who told him that I posted an encounter with a state trooper online. Then they talked about the upcoming Lapeer Days festival and how the volunteers and the police have been informed about open carry.

This video i posted several months ago seems to be a real topic of discussion among officers in Lapeer county lately. Apparently either the video, or an actual oc encounter spurred some memo's among various local PD's presumably cautionary notes about not violating the 4th amendment. I am working at obtaining copies of these documents.

It sounds like anyone planning to oc at the Lapeer Days festival will be good to go.

lapeer20m

I am contemplating sending this to each of the police departments in the county.

However, what i do not want to do is create tension that will strain relationship's between the police department and members of the ambulance service. Currently both groups have a good working relationship, and i do not want to be responsible for ruining that. There is a rumor going around to the various pd's, i believe in the form of a memo that indicates a member of the ambulance service is posting photos and video's of the officers on youtube.

I have verbally been told that i can see at least one of the memo(s) Perhaps i should just leave it at that.

Also, the director of the ambulance service has contacted each of the police chief's, the sherriff, and the post commander to set up a meeting to dispel the mis-information that is circulating.

The supposed memo originated in almont, caused an incident with an officer (that i mentioned in another thread) where the officer mistakenly thought a medic was taking her photo and the officer demanded to see the phone.

Lots of unnecessary drama!

FOIA COORDINATOR
Almont Police Department

RE: FOIA Request

Dear FOIA Coordinator:

Pursuant to the Michigan Freedom of Information Act, MCL §15.231, I am requesting copies of all memo’s email, police reports, or other documents relating to citizen’s carrying firearms.

I am also requesting copies of all memo’s e-mail, police reports, or other documents relating to, photo’s, videos, audio or other identifying information about officers being posted on the internet or in other public venues.

I am also requesting copies of all memo’s email, police reports, or other documents relating to officers conducting themselves in a professional manner.

This request is for documents memorandum, police reports, and electronic mail from January 2010 until present including those sent to outside agencies.

Should the cost for researching, compiling and copying the requested information exceed $10.00, please inform me of the anticipated cost, and provide me with a time and place for a physical inspection of the requested information before researching, compiling or copying the requested information.

Please respond to this request by replying to the following address:

my adressxxx

I appreciate your anticipated cooperation with this request. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me at the number above.

Last edited: