• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One down, Six to GO, Dan Sebring

range rat

Gary,

Thank you for your question. I support the 2nd amendment fully, that includes concealed carry. I believe adults who are eligible to own firearms (not felons) have the right to carry them in the manner of their own choosing.

Gun control advocates often cite the phrase "well regulated militia", making the argument that ordinary citizens are not members of the U.S. Armed Forces and therefore 2nd Amendment rights do not apply. To fully understand the rights guaranteed to the citizenry by the 2nd Amendment, I think it's important to define "Militia".
Wikipedia defines "militia" as "a military force composed of ordinary citizens to provide defense, emergency law enforcement, or paramilitary service, in times of emergency without being paid a regular salary or committed to a fixed term of service. "
In 2008, the Supreme Court decided that the right to keep and bear arms as it is stated in the 2nd amendment applies to the individual. I believe that means "citizenship" in and of itself and qualifies the individual as a member of a "well regulated militia". It is therefore a right of the people that the government cannot regulate either at the federal, state, or local level. Additionally, I believe the statement "the right of the people shall not be infringed" means that government regulation of the type of arms an individual may possess violates the 2nd Amendment.

I hope I've answered the question to your satisfaction.
Sincerely,
Dan Sebring
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SPAM] Contact Request From Gary C. Malachowski
Date: Tue, August 17, 2010 2:25 pm
To: info@dansebringforcongress.com

Name: Gary C. Malachowski
Email: Garymalachowski@att.net
Phone:
Address:
Message: Good Afternoon Mr, Sebring. My name is Gary C. Malachowski, an I am a Resident of Cudahy Wis. I am also a member of Wisconsin Carry Inc,an a strong supporter of the 2nd Admendment, an I Open Carry as well. So my Question to you at this time is, where do you stand on Conceal hand Gun Carry ? an would you vote yes for it? Thank You. Gary C. Malachowski garymalachowski@att.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M

McX

to me at least; the phrase well regulated militia means us, what the government, army, and cops fall back on for when things get to be just too much. it is us who discourages invaders; a gun behind every blade of grass, to quote someone once famous.

Mlutz

to me at least; the phrase well regulated militia means us, what the government, army, and cops fall back on for when things get to be just too much. it is us who discourages invaders; a gun behind every blade of grass, to quote someone once famous.

Isoroku Yamamoto... Thats the guy who "said it"... Even though there is no proof he ever really said it...