• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AB1934: CA State Senator Mark Desaulnier to Pimp the bill on Senate floor !!!

Livermoron

AB1934 is DEAD! Confirmed.

Carry On,

Livermoron

ATTENTION !!!

California State Senator Mark Desaulnier (D - for Duh) to be the "floor jockey" for AB1934 in the Sacramento. This bill can now be read and voted on by the Senate!!!

GET THOSE CALLS AND EMAILS POURING IN TO SACRAMENTO SENATORS NOW !!!

Carry On,

Livermoron

Last edited:

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
I have sought out my state senator and already know his position on this legislation. I conveyed my displeasure with AB1934 and urged him to hold the line for the 2nd amendment.

If you are aware of your senator's position on AB1934, list them by name and senate district in this thread.

Senate First District is VACANT.
Senator Pat Wiggins of the Second District is probably FOR
Senator Mark Leno of the Third District is FOR.
Senator Sam Aanestad of the Fourth District is OPPOSED.
Senator Lois Wolk of the Fifth District is probably FOR
Senator Darrell Steinberg of the Sixth District is FOR.(Based on vote in public safety committee)
Senator Mark DeSaulnier of the Seventh District is FOR.
Senator Leland Yee of the Eighth District is probably FOR
Senator Loni Hancock of the Ninth District is FOR. (Based on vote in public safety committee)
Senator Ellen Corbett of the Tenth District is probably FOR
Senator Saren Simitian of the Eleventh District is probably FOR
Senator Jeff Denham of the Twelfth District is probably OPPOSED
Senator Elain White Alquist of the Thirteenth District is probably FOR
Senator Dave Cogdill of the Fourteenth District is OPPOSED(Based on vote in public safety committee)
Senate Fifteenth District is VACANT
Senator Dean Florez of the Sixteenth District is possibly OPPOSED
Senator George Runner of the Seventeenth District is OPPOSED
Senator Roy Ashburn of the Eighteenth District is probably OPPOSED
Senator Tony Strickland of the Nineteenth District is likely OPPOSED
Senator Alex Padilla of the Twentieth District is probably FOR
Senator Carol Liu of the Twenty First District is probably FOR
Senator Gil Cedillo of the Twenty-Second District is FOR(Based on vote in public safety committee)
Senator Fran Pavley of the Twenty Third District is probably FOR
Senator Gloria Romero of the Twenty Fourth District is probably FOR
Senator Rod Wright of the Twenty-Fifth District is OPPOSED. (Based on vote in public safety committee)
Senator Curren Price of the Twenty Sixth District is likely FOR
Senator Alan Lowenthal of the Twenty Seventh District is likely FOR
Senator Jenny Oropeza of the Twenty Eighth District is probably FOR
Senator Bob Huff of the Twenty-Ninth District is OPPOSED. (Based on vote in public safety committee)
Senator Ronald Calderon of the Thirtieth District is probably FOR
Senator Robert Dutton of the Thirty First District is likely OPPOSED
Senator Gloria Negrete Mcloud of the Thirty Second District is UNKNOWN (VOTED NO)
Senator Mimi Walters of the Thirty Third District is likely OPPOSED
Senator Lou Correa of the Thirty Fourth District is probably FOR (THIS IS WRONG- VOTED NO)
Senator Tom Harman of the Thirty Fifth District is likely OPPOSED
Senator Dennis Hollingsworth of the Thirty-Sixth District is OPPOSED
Senator Bill Emmerson of the Thirty Seventh District is likely OPPOSED
Senator Mark Wyland of the Thirty-Eighth District is OPPOSED.
Senator Christine Kehoe of the Thirty Ninth District is likely FOR
Senator Denice Moreno Ducheny of the Fortieth District is possibly OPPOSED (THIS IS WRONG VOTED YES)

Last edited:

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Despite my persistent pleas for him to be otherwise,

Senator Mark Leno is FOR

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Opposes AB1934

ATTENTION !!!

California State Senator Mark Desaulnier (D - for Duh) to be the "floor jockey" for AB1934 in the Sacramento. This bill can now be read and voted on by the Senate!!!

GET THOSE CALLS AND EMAILS POURING IN TO SACRAMENTO SENATORS NOW !!!

Carry On,

Livermoron

Nathan Fletcher and Mark Wyland oppose AB1934 and all gun restrictive policies. Do we know when this will be voted on as we can watch the Floor online

AyatollahGondola

(d) When a vacancy occurs in the Legislature the Governor
immediately shall call an election to fill the vacancy.

Looks like the applicable section. No appointment, and apparently no representation for me.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
After taking some time to take a closer look at the voting records of all the Senators on gun issues, I have plotted out the way a vote next week may play out...

Currently, Im predicting that AB1934 will pass 21 to 17. Once the bill arrives on the Governor's desk he will have 12 days to sign it into law, veto it or allow it to become law by doing nothing.

Those of you in districts that have Senators who support AB1934 should continue to call daily to urge their legislator to vote no.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
AB1934 was item number 393 on the Senates agenda.

Moments ago DeSaulnier noted AB1934 as 'pass on file'. This takes the legislation out of its place temporarily. If AB1934 is passed on file in two sucessive session days, it will be noted as an inactive piece of legislation. The Senate has one more chance at a vote on it.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=4835159&postcount=101

I think the vote on the Senate Floor is just a formality...the real wheeling and dealing is done behind the scenes. I bet they already know how most Senators are going to vote, but the authors need time to solidify their voting block to get it to pass. It takes more time to bring a bill back if it fails, so they work hard before the actual vote to line up support for the bill. It takes 21 votes out of 40 senators to pass it. They must be close to 21 in support, but perhaps not with a comfortable margin. The authors might also have to amend parts of it to swing more votes their way.

Someone has pointed out a flaw in my prediction-- at 21-17, the vote is really too close to be sure it will pass. This explains why the bill has been 'pass on file'- they havent secured enough of a margin, and dont want to see it fail on the floor.