• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Real data about the 1000' foot school zone laws...

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
Ian, I am confrontational with anyone who cares nothing for the RIGHTS of others.

Oh, and Colorado IS my own state, I just don't live there yet.

After all I said you still think I don't care for the rights of others? Seriously go crawl back into your hole.

KD0EGE

I will have no problems getting a CWP when I get out to CO and will get one but I will still support those that either choose not to or those that cannot through arbitrary and unreasonable restrictions.

The CO CCW process requires you to sign away your right to privacy in the form of an authorized, by the applicant, background check. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to give-up one right in order to exercise another. That's why I'm never getting a CCW and I open carry everywhere I can. Places that don't let me, don't get my business.:D

cscitney87

The CO CCW process requires you to sign away your right to privacy in the form of an authorized, by the applicant, background check. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to give-up one right in order to exercise another. That's why I'm never getting a CCW and I open carry everywhere I can. Places that don't let me, don't get my business.:D

That's a very hard line approach.

Do you have a drivers license? If so- you signed away one (1) right for another.

But keep on living righteously, if so falsely, to suite your needs.

ooghost1oo

That's a very hard line approach.

Do you have a drivers license? If so- you signed away one (1) right for another.

But keep on living righteously, if so falsely, to suite your needs.

A life lived righteously in one's values is the rare life of integrity. Your statement is of a life pessimistic and defeated. It's 'suit your needs', btw.

You're not signing away a right having a DL, unless you're talking about being an organ donor. Are you one of those folks who thinks you have a 'right to drive'? You have a right to drive on your own roads--roads you own. But the gov't owns the streets. It's paid by our taxes, but it's their responsibility. Unless you want to repave, repair, and build roads out of your own pocket, thinking you have the right (not privilege) to drive on someone else's (or some entity's) property is silly and immature.

Last edited:

cscitney87

You're not signing away a right having a DL, unless you're talking about being an organ donor. Are you one of those folks who thinks you have a 'right to drive'?.

You have the right to travel freely. You also have the right to use any public (government owned/operated) road to travel freely upon. This was a US Supreme Court ruling. But you knew that.

You relinquish these rights when you obtain a driver's license. You sign a contract promising to follow the rules of the road, punishable by fines or jail time.

cscitney87

proper sources.

1. "The right of the citizen to travel upon public highways and to transport his/her property thereon, either by carriage or automobile, is not a mere privilege which a City/State may prohibit at will, but a common right which he/she has under the right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness." Thompson v. Smith 154 SE 579.

2. "The use of the highway for the purpose of travel and transportation is not a mere privilege, but a common and fundamental right which the public and individuals cannot be rightfully deprived." Chicago Motor Coach v. Chicago, 337 IIL200,169 NE 22, 66 ALR 834. Ligare v. Chicago 139 III. 46, 28 NE 934. Booney v. dark, 214 SW 607; 25 A M JUR (I'1) Highways, Sec. 163.

3 For a crime to exist, there must be an injured party. "There can be no sanction or penalty imposed on one because of this exercise of Constitutional rights." Sheer v. Cullen, 481 F. 945.

4 "The right to travel is part of the Liberty of which the citizen cannot be deprived without due process of law under the Fifth Amendment." Kent v. Dullcs 357 U.S. 116, 125.

Last edited:

KD0EGE

That's very interesting, cscitney87. I'll have to do more research on the subject now.:idea: Thanks for the citations. You're right, my view on constitutional values is pretty "harsh". I would like to believe that most Americans value our rights enough to see them as things to not be negotiated with, but my trust in the American people's ability to think for themselves has been shaken in recent years. Thanks for the interesting discussion.

Last edited: