Thread: Washingington Post -Gun toting soccer mom

Washingington Post -Gun toting soccer mom

I just saw this article on carry in DC vs "out west"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...s=rss_metro/dc

Also covers the new AZ carry law.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

It is the best article ever from the WaPo on guns!

It is the best article ever from the WaPo on guns!

Fred Kunkle has written quite a few gun related articles in the last few years. They are usually pretty fair. I had an extended conversation with him a few years ago. He stated he does own a gun. However, I would not describe him as a 'gun person' so to speak. He is of the mindset that waiting periods are good and other 'sensible' restrictions on law abiding gun owners.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

One bureaucrat from DC quoted in that article says that DC is a "different culture" than the rest of America. He is right. The city government of DC does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to be armed. That IS a different culture from the vast majority of the USA...

The unsaid truth is that DC government is perhaps the most self-loathing racist government in the nation. The mayor, Chief of Police, most of the Council Members, and the Senator are all "african american", and yet they continue to do everything in their power to infringe on the BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS of their mostly-black constituency. DC is not so much a city as it is a plantation, where the "Massa's" are the same race as the slaves.

This criminal infringement on the civil rights of DC residents is an appalling travesty of Justice, and is on it's face immoral, un-Constitutional, and racist. It is an international embarrassment that the residents in the Nation's Capital cannot legally arm themselves for self-defense as they go about their daily business. It is disgusting that visitors from other states with CC permits cannot legally carry for their self-defense while vacationing or on business trips in the Nation's Capital.

I worked in DC for 5 years, and lived in NoVa for 15 years. I rarely went into the District after dark. The only thing more disgusting about DC's prohibition on law-abiding citizens being able to legally protect themselves is the fact that DCMPD is one of the slowest-to-respond metropolitan police departments in the nation, and that the violent crime rate in DC is off the charts.

The city is crawling with criminals (in the 'hood and on the Hill). The police are slow as molasses and often are more corrupt and uncaring than the criminals. The government refuses to let citizens provide for their own defense against violent crime. The only solution to being safe in DC is to NEVER cross the moat, and stay in VA if you can.

Anyone who voluntarily lives in DC is either rich enough to have a bodyguard detail, or is a completely brainwashed sheep. As hard as it is to believe, it's worse than MD. At least in MD, if you grease the right palms, you can get a permit...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 08-18-2010 at 11:09 AM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

FYI, Their Police Chief is a white woman.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Oh, that's right. How could I forget about the astronomically effective Cathy L. Lanier.

I often forget that Charles H. Ramsey is no longer there--other than the sex and race, it seems little else has changed in DC Chief's Office...

Sorry about that little snafu...

LEO Trivia:
    Charles H. Ramsey has moved on from DC to another pocket of anti-2A victim disarmament and haven of government-sanctioned police incompetence and brutality. For the wonderful job he did as Chief of DC during the end of the crack-filled 1990s, he was rewarded with the position of Commissioner of the Philadelphia Police Department, where he currently serves.

Prior to coming to DC, Ramsey was a member of Chicago's Finest. During the height of the Crack Wars in the US (1989 to 1992) he was Commander of the Narcotics Section of CPD, and I think we ALL know what a great job he did keeping the drug crime down in Chicago back then. Perhaps his connections in that field are what made him so attractive to DC Mayor Marion Berry in 1998.

If the people of Philadelphia wonder why their police department is one of the most heavy-handed, thuggish, incompetent, and corrupt in the nation, all they need do is look to the "head of the beast". His track record makes him uniquely qualified to fill the position...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Just noticed this had been posted... a link to the associated poll in this article has been moved to the Hot Topics forum as well. Don't forget to hit the poll on teaching your children to use guns!

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ow-to-use-guns

TFred

My contribution:

Yes, Councilor Meddlesome...

Civil Rights should be allocated by geography and "different cultures".

So, I can buy slaves to the south of D.C., right?

The Fire Chief is white as well. He came from Atlanta.

Among the Bryans' heirlooms is an original Colt revolver said to have killed a man in a poker game in the town of Alzada.
    I knew it, they DO kill people. There it is in black and white (the original article is in black and white, that is).

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PavePusher View Post
    My contribution:

Yes, Councilor Meddlesome...

Civil Rights should be allocated by geography and "different cultures".

So, I can buy slaves to the south of D.C., right?
    Negative, all the slaves in the country are owned by the government, and they're not for sale.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    LEO Trivia: For the wonderful job [Charles Ramsey] did as Chief of DC during the end of the crack-filled 1990s, he was rewarded with the position of Commissioner of the Philadelphia Police Department, where he currently serves leads the security forces while slurping from the public trough.
    There, fixed it for ya.

My opinion,,the "Gun Culture" of the "Old West" is actually,,,,wait for it,,,,the RIGHTS of every citizen in the United States. How little they know about even their closer neighbors. Isn't it New Hampshire that has a similar law about OC and CC if you're a law abiding citizen. These Progressive idiots need to get a clue!
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    My opinion,,the "Gun Culture" of the "Old West" is actually,,,,wait for it,,,,the RIGHTS of every citizen in the United States. How little they know about even their closer neighbors. Isn't it New Hampshire that has a similar law about OC and CC if you're a law abiding citizen. These Progressive idiots need to get a clue!
    Being a progressive is all about CONTROL. They will ever get it.

QUOTE: He also said the law shows a disregard for the realities of the District, where guns mean drive-bys, holdups and intimidation more than sport, tradition and the American way....."The national debate about guns just misses that they are very different cultures," Mendelson said of the District and much of the rest of the country. "It's like a psychology, a mind-set, as to how people as a group think about guns."

Classic example of a self-licking ice cream cone: when all guns are illegal, people will perceive anyone with a gun as a criminal.