• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fruitcake Jeff Zdrale column: Gun rights ideology trumps common sense, PostCrescent.c

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
The usual claptrap, that the 2A was written to guarantee the states' rights to operate their own militias--AKA, today, the National Guard. As if the framers were so retarded they said "right of the people" when they meant "right of the states."
Correction, "Power" of the states.

People like this guy just blindly believe in what they think is right without bothering to resort to the facts. D.B.

SlackwareRobert

Yay, MUST CARRY right! I missed it reading the briefs, will go back and look for it again.
Must Carry Naked right, WOW that will cause problems with FL, and Tx.
Now where does that espn reporter live? She could have just plugged the hole in the hotel wall
and not had to worry about the video camera or the dirt bag behind it. I would sure pay to see her
with a dainty garter holster walking around the room. Well I just lost my range time for a month, but I can't help it, I'm a guy!

I wish he would have pointed out where the coat-hanger right was so clearly spelled out.
But with Hardball "Radical Right" special, and the entire msnbc teams going bananas over amending the constitution, I certainly am feeling better right now. I was shocked that a strict constructionalist cannot amend the thing, when it says right in it how it is to be done. So if it says something and you believe it means what it says then you cannot do what it says or you don't believe in it. I begin to see why they have so much trouble spinning things, already spinning way to fast to follow.

If he would just use his own flawed thinking. If the amendment was there to safeguard the states from an oppressive fed, then by applying the amendment on the states as he says is what they did and wasn't such a big deal. Would not that mean the citizens have the right to keep an oppressive state in check? Now if he would explain why an amendment that allows a state to have guns would need to be incorporated onto the state, so that the state can have guns? Guess he forgot to think it all the way through, but I will let him slide, if I saw barney frank forced to pack naked I would not be able to think either.

Only private way to use a gun is to blow your own head off. If there is a bad guy present, then you have a PUBLIC shooting, not a private one.

With luck our new justice can rewrite it so we will be able to comprehend that it really says...
BHO on vacation, leave guns and money on counter, then go @*ck yourself.