• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oakland County Executive spews hatred toward Open Carriers

Haman J.T.

Emailed both Reps. Requested they do not close the so called constitutional loopholes that he said he spoke about to legislators,in lame duck session,and restrict our Article 1 Sec. 6 rights!
Also gave em the list of things he said in his rant pertaining to us and our state law!

Last edited:

Butch00

When you go to court do you know who you are.....A sovereign or a person. You need to know.

Will v Michigan State Police 105 L Ed 2nd 45 (1988)
A sovereign cannot be named in any statute as merely a 'person'.

Milvaine vs Coxe's Lessee 8 U.S. 598 (1808)
" No fiction can make a natural born subject"

This is not legal advise, it is continuing research.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP May I suggest, that we draft legislation to go through a 12 hour course/class with a $105 background check and finger printing by Law Enforcement so you may access your first amendment right that you so love.

I would go for that for each and every person running for office. But, it must include a detailed test on the state and federal constitutions.

We can't really expect anything less than what we get from Congress. If they don't read and understand the constitution, there is no way in hell they can apply it.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Why do you feel the need to keep pushing your Republican hate and Obama love crap here? Obama and the liberal party today are the greatest enemies of gun owners! This has been proven over and over again but apparently you don’t get it.

I read Dr Todd's response cherry picking a few examples throughout time (parties change over time) that does not make him the end all authority or end of anything. You can keep quoting him (as that somehow brings validity to your asinine argument) and saying what you want but drawing such conclusions just shows the depth of your thought process.

Here are some Obama quotes/votes on gun issues taken from “on the isseues.org”:
•Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
•FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
•Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
•Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
•2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
•Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
•Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
•Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
•Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
•Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
•Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)

That does not include his recent quotes on support for global gun regulations. His speech supporting the Mexican President when he blamed America for the border gun issues while on American soil no less. The list can go on and on but that is all the work I am going to do to try and prove a point to a person who has no interest in seeing the truth.

As for the rest of his party, explain to me why the states with the most restrictive gun laws also just happen to be controlled by the Liberals and Dems? Examples for the simple minds, IL, CT, NY, MA, MD, NJ, RI, CA, DC, and I will add WI since they have a Dem Governor that has twice vetoed the legislation to allow concealed carry for everybody (that should change this year).

Yep that sure sounds like Obama and his liberal cronies are strong friends of everyday gun owners. Get a clue!

As for the OP I will be letting LBP know how I feel about his statements.

Wolverine,

I in no way said that Obama is a friend of gun owners, nor have I spewed 'Obama love Crap'. What I was attempting to get across is that party affiliation tells you next to nothing about a candidate's stance on the RKBA. There are a number of people here who make an assumption that if someone is a Republican then they must be pro-2nd Amendment and if they are a Democrat, they must be anti-2nd Amendment.

Most people who are actively involved in firearm issues would not delineate support for the RKBA by political party, but rather as an urban v. rural issue. Although I don't entirely support such a view, I think it has more validity than your "The Republicans are great friends of gun owners" when I think the data speaks for itself.

Remember, you are putting out there that the Repubs are such good supporters of the 2nd Amendment, I am refuring that assertion. If your argument was that the Dems were such great supporters of the RKBA, I would also refute that... NEITHER PARTY INHERENTLY SUPPORTS THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS.

BTW, You have done NOTHING to prove your point. Hmm, let's see:

CA has a Republican Gov, Schwarzenegger (R) ardent "gun hater"; has signed every gun control bill that has crossed his desk.

Pataki (R) was gov of NY 1995-2006, I see he really changed the laws and Mr. Bloomberg was an (R) as Mayor of NY... now there's someone gun owners should get behind.(sarcasm) as was Guiliani... nuff said of these two ...

In MA, 4 of the last 5 governors were Republicans. Mitt Romney, candidate for US President as the Republican nominee had his 2A stance outed when he tried to pretend he was what he was not. Big 2A supporter (not)

In Maryland, they had a Republican Governor most of the decade from 2000-2010... hmm, that worked well. He must have promoted the 2nd Amendment by vetoing any new gun control legislation...hmm...not! All major peices of gun-control legislation were signed

Oh, let's take a look at New Jersey
Gov. Christie, Republican: "Christie has said that he supports strict and aggressive enforcement of the state's current gun laws. He however supports the Second Amendment's right to bear arms" http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/02/chris_christie_promises_change.html
IMHO, typical Republicrat response: I support draconian gun laws/ I support the 2nd Amendment

Rhode Island: Current Gov. Don Carcieri is a Republican. The Governor before him was Republican. In fact, in the last 28 years of RI politics, Republicans have held the Governorship in all but 4 years. I don't really know about RI gun laws but you seem to think they are bad

WI: 3 of the last 5 Governors were Republican. The legislature is about a 50/50 split. The last two Republican Governors vetoed numerous Concealed Carry Proposals.

IL: From 1977-2003 all the Govs were Republican. I see that a ton of gun-control laws were passed during this time... of which NONE were vetoed by the Republican Governor....

My Point: When you investigate what you have cited in reference to your argument, it falls apart very quickly.

Last edited:

wolverine1856

DT: I in no way said that Obama is a friend of gun owners, nor have I spewed 'Obama love Crap'.

W: I never said you did.
I said Slave did as that is who I quoted. Everything he posts is politically charged to bash Republicans and prop up Obama and I’m tired of it. If I wanted to read that crap I would go to a MSNBC forum. He then quotes somebody that he sees as respected on this forum to attempt to bring validity to his charged arguments.

DT: There are a number of people here who make an assumption that if someone is a Republican then they must be pro-2nd Amendment and if they are a Democrat, they must be anti-2nd Amendment.

W: Please tell us who you are talking about. I have witnessed no such behavior or postings and have witnessed the exact opposite. I see no need to keep hearing lectures about something that you think people are making assumptions about.

DT: Most people who are actively involved in firearm issues would not delineate support for the RKBA by political party, but rather as an urban v. rural issue. Although I don't entirely support such a view, I think it has more validity than your "The Republicans are great friends of gun owners" when I think the data speaks for itself.

W: Where did I say Republicans are “the great friends of gun owners” since you have quoted me as saying so. Or are you simply putting words into my mouth and misquoting me?

DT: Remember, you are putting out there that the Repubs are such good supporters of the 2nd Amendment, I am refuring that assertion. If your argument was that the Dems were such great supporters of the RKBA, I would also refute that... NEITHER PARTY INHERENTLY SUPPORTS THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS.

W: I put that out there? No I did not. I am not and have never said a party affiliation = gun supporter.

DT: BTW, You have done NOTHING to prove your point. Hmm, let's see:
CA has a Republican Gov, Schwarzenegger (R) ardent "gun hater"; has signed every gun control bill that has crossed his desk.
Pataki (R) was gov of NY 1995-2006, I see he really changed the laws and Mr. Bloomberg was an (R) as Mayor of NY... now there's someone gun owners should get behind.(sarcasm) as was Guiliani... nuff said of these two ...
In MA, 4 of the last 5 governors were Republicans. Mitt Romney, candidate for US President as the Republican nominee had his 2A stance outed when he tried to pretend he was what he was not. Big 2A supporter (not)
In Maryland, they had a Republican Governor most of the decade from 2000-2010... hmm, that worked well. He must have promoted the 2nd Amendment by vetoing any new gun control legislation...hmm...not! All major peices of gun-control legislation were signed
Oh, let's take a look at New Jersey
Gov. Christie, Republican: "Christie has said that he supports strict and aggressive enforcement of the state's current gun laws. He however supports the Second Amendment's right to bear arms" http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/02/chris_christie_promises_change.html
IMHO, typical Republicrat response: I support draconian gun laws/ I support the 2nd Amendment
Rhode Island: Current Gov. Don Carcieri is a Republican. The Governor before him was Republican. In fact, in the last 28 years of RI politics, Republicans have held the Governorship in all but 4 years. I don't really know about RI gun laws but you seem to think they are bad
WI: 3 of the last 5 Governors were Republican. The legislature is about a 50/50 split. The last two Republican Governors vetoed numerous Concealed Carry Proposals.
IL: From 1977-2003 all the Govs were Republican. I see that a ton of gun-control laws were passed during this time... of which NONE were vetoed by the Republican Governor....
My Point: When you investigate what you have cited in reference to your argument, it falls apart very quickly.

W: Oh yeah more cherry picking. Well I guess since Arnold is a Republican and is the Governor that must be the reason for all of the prohibitive gun laws. You are using the same arguments you are trying to disprove! Picking one part of the whole and claiming that as the reason doesn’t work. We can do this for every example you gave but I have neither the time nor the desire to debate this any further.

W: Sorry but my argument stands. Liberals such as Obama and his cronies are a clear and significant threat to the gun owners of America! Go ahead; you can quote me on that!

Last edited:

Bronson

Sorry but my argument stands. Liberals such as Obama and his cronies are a clear and significant threat to the gun owners of America! Go ahead; you can quote me on that!

I think it's more correct to say that government as a whole, not just liberals, are a threat to the individual freedoms of the citizens.

Bronson

sasha601

DrTodd definitely convinced me that GOP affiliation is no guaranty that politician is pro 2A and will act accordingly. He also convinced me that Dem politician can be very pro 2A. However, as a general rule it is undeniable that GOP politicians are much more likely to be pro 2A.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Sorry but my argument stands. Liberals such as Obama and his cronies are a clear and significant threat to the gun owners of America! Go ahead; you can quote me on that!

This sounds like the Brady Bunch's argument that, no matter what evidence is presented to the contrary, firearms in the hands of law-abiding citizens is a "dangerous proposition".

stainless1911

Banned
Republicans recognize the perception that they are pro 2A, and they play it for what its worth, that's what makes a politician a politician. I once considered myself to be a republican, until I figured it out.

Someone on this forum once said, paraphrase, "Democrats and Republicans are just two sides of the same filthy coin"

That's worth taking to the bank.

wolverine1856

This sounds like the Brady Bunch's argument that, no matter what evidence is presented to the contrary, firearms in the hands of law-abiding citizens is a "dangerous proposition".
This statement was only part of my post:
"Sorry but my argument stands. Liberals such as Obama and his cronies are a clear and significant threat to the gun owners of America! Go ahead; you can quote me on that!"

I made many points but it was included in your quoted post so it may have not been clear.

I adjusted my previous post so you can more easily see why I am defending my position. I will assume you did not see those and that is why you continued to make statements inaccurately describing my post.

Can you answer some of the questions in my above post such as why you are putting words into my mouth and inaccurately quoting me?

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
How to fix the broken system.

Okay Guys/Gals,

To me (my opinion) the reason we are in the mess we are in is both major political parties have been corrupted by corporate & other interests groups (Oil/Wall St./Big Banks/Unions etc...). I find myself completely disgusted with many of the cookie cutter choices I am given at the ballot box, as they will only perpetuate the broken system. I am not a Democrat or a Republican ( I recently set a match to my "party" card ) I consider myself a independent patriot now.

Ours is a grass movement in the true sense of the word. The roots we plant today will become the vast forests of values & common sense of tomorrow in government. To influence the future we will need to infiltrate both major parties at the local level where they are the weakest. If we chip away from the inside out, we can break the back of these groups & lead them to the realization that they are no more than "the peoples servants", not they other way around, of the people serving their self interests.

If we start today we could fix many of our problems within a few short years. Call me dreamer but I truly think we could do this if we set our hearts and minds to it.

Last edited:

Master Control

My response to lame broke "richard" patterson, I did serve for this country. Guaranteeing your right to make such ignorant statements. May I suggest, that we draft legislation to go through a 12 hour course/class with a $105 background check and finger printing by Law Enforcement so you may access your first amendment right that you so love. And then you might know what we went through to access our second amendment rights guaranteed by the same constitution/bill of rights that you so love to interpret for what you want it to say and not for what it really says... Just sayin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GNu7ldL1LM&feature=related

Slave

DT: I in no way said that Obama is a friend of gun owners, nor have I spewed 'Obama love Crap'.

W: I never said you did.
I said Slave did as that is who I quoted. Everything he posts is politically charged to bash Republicans and prop up Obama and I’m tired of it. If I wanted to read that crap I would go to a MSNBC forum. He then quotes somebody that he sees as respected on this forum to attempt to bring validity to his charged arguments.
QUOTE]

Actually, tool, if you are sick of me, then good for you, but quote me correctly.

I bash ALL politicians, and I have NEVER voted along party lines. I have never voted for a democratic senator, governer, judge, nor member of the house. When I say never, I mean NEVER. I voted for W also. I have stated this many many times.

What I hate, is people who come on these boards and post about how much liberals are gonna take our guns, while speaking about how republicans won't. That kind of crap gives us politicians that hide behind a red party, and then act like a fascist that takes our rights.

BTW, Obama hasn't done anything to our gun rights, yet. I hate his healthcare BTW.

I have always said to vote for candidates, not political parties. I quoted a member of this forum, whose post I agreed with. I don't respect him, you, or anyone else on a message board. For all I know, he could be a commie Nazi who spends his weekends clubing baby seals.

I only care about his votes when it comes to voting out people who will take our rights, any of them, and voting in people who will be saving them.

You should try it, and while you are at it, quote me correctly, or not at all.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator

I have always said to vote for candidates, not political parties. I quoted a member of this forum, whose post I agreed with. I don't respect him, you, or anyone else on a message board. For all I know, he could be a commie Nazi who spends his weekends clubing baby seals..

I think all politicians are people who get off on their own "power"... a power that exits in their mind alone. But, I think a "commie Nazi" would be oxymoronic and I only club seals every other weekend. The other weekends I spend my time planning the complete overthrow of society's institutions and advocating that I be installed as the Great and Powerful Oz. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

Bailenforcer

Commie Nazi is not a contradiction. Both seek to have total power over the people, both use Murder, terror, and both use the ends justifies the means as their mantra. There are only cosmetic differences, it's still a chimp in a suit. It matters not whether the suit is pin striped, or cashmere. Ask anyone who face saw the boot heel of either a Nazi or a Marxist communist and all will describe the same thing. I have talked to people who suffered under both systems and they say there is no difference. Hitler slaughtered millions and Stalin did as well. The silly notion that a "stated" ideal makes one different than another is pure lunacy. Neither stayed stayed with their stated ideals, no more than the Presidents that this country installs in office keeps their campaign promises. I remember Lani Davis was asked why Clinton didn't keep most of his campaign promises and Lanie Davis said " Bill Clinton kept every promised he intended to keep"...

In fascism the ideal is that Corporations IE: industry owns everything, and the people benefit because they work for these corporations, and Communism states they the Proletariat owns all and they represent the people so the people benefit. But in reality the people all suffer equally except a tiny few. Both systems readily slaughter any opposition. Those of us who have studied the psychology of these mindsets can see there is only a facade of a different color that separates the two.

I think all politicians are people who get off on their own "power"... a power that exits in their mind alone. But, I think a "commie Nazi" would be oxymoronic and I only club seals every other weekend. The other weekends I spend my time planning the complete overthrow of society's institutions and advocating that I be installed as the Great and Powerful Oz. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

stainless1911

Banned
This guy is a drunk

Proverbs 31 4 & 5 It is not for kings, O Lemuel, not for kings to drink wine, not for rulers to crave beer,5 lest they drink and forget what the law decrees, and deprive all the oppressed of their rights.