• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's hit this poll & show Anti's we are not the "tiny group" they say we are!

KS_to_CA

What??

"We agree they have the right to open carry, but leave the festival alone," he said.

Read more: Patterson joins fray over guns at Arts, Beats & Eats | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/201008...ay-over-guns-at-Arts-Beats-Eats#ixzz0xAjhSUwM

Well, I agree with his right to free speech but not when I don't agree with what he is saying. (How does that feel? )

Yes - 72% (5,330 votes)
No - 28% (2,106 votes)

Total votes - 7,436

since9

Campaign Veteran
What the...?

"...the Royal Oak City Commission voted 4-3 to allow people to carry guns openly at the Ford Arts, Beats & Eats festival over Labor Day weekend."

Since when does a city commission think it has the right to decide whether or not I choose to exercise my Constitutional rights to self defence?

I'm glad the measure passed, but if it hadn't, I'd have been there regardless to ensure that mistake was highlighted at the HIGHEST level!

since9

Campaign Veteran
I'm strongly leaning towards requiring any and all city council members, state representatives, congressmen, all court judges (at all levels) and candidates for president to take a MANDATORY test on our Constitution.

I don't know if I'd pass it! Given 24 hours, though, I know I would.

But ALL persons of the U.S. Government, from our President to all members of Congress, our Supreme Court Justices, as well as all members of our military, all state employees of our judicial system, nearly all state, city, and county law enforcement officers have ALL taken the same oaths to protect and defend our Constitution.

I am of a mind to ensure that NO person should ever possess any decisive power over the citizens of our country unless they have taken such an oath, and if any of their actions are ever found to be in violation of that oath they should be removed from office immediately.

No exceptions, no excuses. Our Constitution is the source of our country. The higher one goes in our nation, the greater your committment to reliability, and at the highest levels, you should either be willing to toe the line or be thrown over it, out of the camp of the rest of us who hold true to our principles of government.

- Mugs