• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nearer my God to thee

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I've been in that homeowners spot, but fortunately the drunk never managed to get through my door. Thanks be to God that he didn't.

Last edited:

vt800c

Ya THINK???

The suspect,...reportedly told police he broke into the wrong house.

I guess so...only off by 20 MILES!! sounds like this punk is trying to make his alabi, insted of admitting he was going there for 'other reasons'...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The suspect,...reportedly told police he broke into the wrong house.

I guess so...only off by 20 MILES!! sounds like this punk is trying to make his alabi, insted of admitting he was going there for 'other reasons'...

I dunno. I managed to get into another state once after a party at Tech. I woke up and thought I'd died and gone to Hell. Turned out I was in D.C.

25sierraman

I'm not so sure that kid would still be alive had that been me. From the article he was EXTREMELY close. That man showed an amazing amount of restraint in not pulling the trigger.

curtiswr

I'm not so sure that kid would still be alive had that been me. From the article he was EXTREMELY close. That man showed an amazing amount of restraint in not pulling the trigger.

Especially when he stated he "would have not hesitated whatsoever to pull the trigger."

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
In my similar case I was on the phone with the 911 operator and I let her know I was standing on the other side of the door with a shotgun in hand ready to use in case the guy managed to get through the door. At one point the drunk went from merely banging hard on the door to really cranking the handle and trying to shove in the door and I yelled "You really don't want to get through that door dude!" Despite knowing what was going on, living in a metro Phoenix suburb and being near to two freeways and a main drag through metro Maricopa County, it still took police 10 - 15 minutes to respond.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I dunno. I managed to get into another state once after a party at Tech. I woke up and thought I'd died and gone to Hell. Turned out I was in D.C.

That is NOT another state - unless you count the state of utter despair. :D

Haz.

In my similar case I was on the phone with the 911 operator and I let her know I was standing on the other side of the door with a shotgun in hand ready to use in case the guy managed to get through the door. At one point the drunk went from merely banging hard on the door to really cranking the handle and trying to shove in the door and I yelled "You really don't want to get through that door dude!" Despite knowing what was going on, living in a metro Phoenix suburb and being near to two freeways and a main drag through metro Maricopa County, it still took police 10 - 15 minutes to respond.

In Australia they most times dont turn up at all.

45acpForMe

In Australia they most times dont turn up at all.

In Buffalo NY, I was staying with a friend and we had a gang of youths trying to break down our door. After 5 calls to 911 and about 3 hours later the police showed up to take our report. We didn't have any guns on us and luckily the "youths" never gained entry.

That was my eye opener about 911 and police response time. When you call and say there are people trying to get at us and breaking down our door, and the police take 3 hours to show up they are only going to be able to call the coroners office for pickup rather than stop the attack.

Last edited:

Haz.

Several years ago, I was away from home overnight when my wife had reason to call police about 10pm because someone was repeatedly firing a gun in the street close by to our home. Police said they would come asap. Fifteen minutes later, with shots still ringing out my wife called again. Police replied, that they were busy but will come asap. Twenty minutes went buy, she again called saying she was worried about the shots being fired close by. Other people had called as well because the Police replied, "Yeh lady, you and about a dozen others, be patient please."
I arrived home about 9am that morning, my wife told me what had happened so I rang police myself and said, even though the shooting had stopped we were still waiting. Police replied, "What for?" They had a change of shift and this guy did a 'Shultz,' I know nothink." Not funny I know but this is in the land of no guns except for criminals that is.