• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does this qualify as an open carry incident?

Dreamer

In MD, where it is for all intents and purposes IMPOSSIBLE to legally carry a firearm, THIS is is how THEY do "road rage":

http://wjz.com/local/traffic.signal.shooting.2.1866881.html

The OP's story from VA may be two goofballs, but at least there were no shots fired.

In MD, when you dis someone on the highway, they will bust a cap in your a$$, leave you to die, and drive away...

So, Gov. O'Malley, how IS that "gun control" thing working out for ya?...

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I was under the impression that an LEO had to witness a misdemeanor in order to arrest for it. Is that incorrect?

LEO must witness the misdemeanor to arrest without a warrant, but can swear out a petition for a warrant on affidavit based on information provided by third parties. http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+19.2-72

And to answer the as-yet unasked question, LEO can detain you for purposes of investigation while obtaining sufficient information to present in an affidavit for a warrant.

stay safe.

wylde007

And to answer the as-yet unasked question, LEO can detain you for purposes of investigation while obtaining sufficient information to present in an affidavit for a warrant.
Wrapped up in the initial query I was trying to imply the question to which you provided the answer herein.