• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traffic stop in Kansas. (Slightly OT)

GWbiker

Got caught exceeding posted speed limit in Kansas on Monday. Sheriff said I was doing 76 in a 65 MPH zone and, what the hell, who was I to argue.

He requested my Drivers License and POI and so I handed him my AZDL and my AZCCW permit and told him I had a loaded handgun in the GW trunk next to my Insurance papers. Figured if he saw the gun by surprise, he would pull his gun, and since his gun was bigger than my gun (P-64).......

He became real friendly by asking to secure the P-64, unloaded it and looked it over - seemed interested in getting one. Asked how much they cost, etc.

He ran my paperwork thru his computer, including P-64 SN for possible stolen gun.

Everything came back clean, and by that time he had a back up vehicle.

He gave me a verbal warning to obey speed limit and sent me on my way.

Of course, YMMV!

GWbiker

You were stopped for 76 in Kansas? You must have been in some city limits, right?

As I recall - US 83/160 between US 54 and US 56, along a two lane stretch of roadway. Was posted 65MPH and I WAS at least 10MPH over the limit.

I fly according to the Garmin GPS listed speed reading.

I believe it's about time to re-install the Valentine 1 on the GW.

...Now back to our regular program.

mFonz77

Glad you got a "good one." As a personal note I would have had an issue with him running serials (unlawful search without articulable PC) but hey - glad your encounter turned out alright.