Thread: Shooting in Las Vegas park.

Shooting in Las Vegas park.

I heard on the radio today that there was a shooting in a park. I would really like someone to correct the media and notify the police that this just can not be. The reason is simple, there are no firearms allowed in parks here in Clark county so therefore it is impossible that this actually happened.

Ya we must not be getting the whole story here. Parks are gun free zones, there's no way for a shoosting to happen. I call BS on this story.

Maybe the shooter was someplace just outside the park and fired into the park? It's not a bullet free zone after all.

So, parks are like fly over country for bullets then?

Seriously, does anyone have any idea why parks were singled out to treated as gun free zones? I always thought of parks as being sort of dangerous places, especially at night. Even during the day I think a lot of drug deals, solicitation, and other criminal behavior occurs in parks. To my mind, that would make them places where concealed carry would be most beneficial.

The twisted logic of gun free zones: Guns are banned in the safest place in town, the courthouse, and the most dangerous place in town, the park. How odd.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasGeorge View Post
    So, parks are like fly over country for bullets then?

Seriously, does anyone have any idea why parks were singled out to treated as gun free zones? I always thought of parks as being sort of dangerous places, especially at night. Even during the day I think a lot of drug deals, solicitation, and other criminal behavior occurs in parks. To my mind, that would make them places where concealed carry would be most beneficial.

The twisted logic of gun free zones: Guns are banned in the safest place in town, the courthouse, and the most dangerous place in town, the park. How odd.
    Guns are prohibited in parks because the Clark County Commissioner somehow believes that preemption doesn't apply to him. They know that the park prohibition rule is unlawful but they refuse to a) admit it, or b) care. This will be the focus of some upcoming OCDO efforts that will be ramped up in the coming weeks, much to the chagrin of the powers that be. The Park Police, DA and Nevada AG will be eating some humble pie soon, guaranteed.

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13008228

I posted this in the other park shooting discussion...but it seems to be better off in this one seeing that it is about the clark county park shooting so here it is again.

Damn,

That place is like 3 blocks from where I live. Funny thing,
    I was taking my nightly OC walk a few nights ago and saw
    A bunch of police cars going past me as I was walking up Mojave
    Towards Sahara. Thought they got a MWAG call and might
    Be searching for me. How little did I know.