• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting in Las Vegas park.

Nevada carrier

I heard on the radio today that there was a shooting in a park. I would really like someone to correct the media and notify the police that this just can not be. The reason is simple, there are no firearms allowed in parks here in Clark county so therefore it is impossible that this actually happened.

Dangerfish

Ya we must not be getting the whole story here. Parks are gun free zones, there's no way for a shoosting to happen. I call BS on this story.

VegasGeorge

So, parks are like fly over country for bullets then?

Seriously, does anyone have any idea why parks were singled out to treated as gun free zones? I always thought of parks as being sort of dangerous places, especially at night. Even during the day I think a lot of drug deals, solicitation, and other criminal behavior occurs in parks. To my mind, that would make them places where concealed carry would be most beneficial.

The twisted logic of gun free zones: Guns are banned in the safest place in town, the courthouse, and the most dangerous place in town, the park. How odd.

Nevada carrier

So, parks are like fly over country for bullets then?

Seriously, does anyone have any idea why parks were singled out to treated as gun free zones? I always thought of parks as being sort of dangerous places, especially at night. Even during the day I think a lot of drug deals, solicitation, and other criminal behavior occurs in parks. To my mind, that would make them places where concealed carry would be most beneficial.

The twisted logic of gun free zones: Guns are banned in the safest place in town, the courthouse, and the most dangerous place in town, the park. How odd.

Guns are prohibited in parks because the Clark County Commissioner somehow believes that preemption doesn't apply to him. They know that the park prohibition rule is unlawful but they refuse to a) admit it, or b) care. This will be the focus of some upcoming OCDO efforts that will be ramped up in the coming weeks, much to the chagrin of the powers that be. The Park Police, DA and Nevada AG will be eating some humble pie soon, guaranteed.

omegadeity

Damn,

That place is like 3 blocks from where I live. Funny thing,
I was taking my nightly OC walk a few nights ago and saw
A bunch of police cars going past me as I was walking up Mojave
Towards Sahara. Thought they got a MWAG call and might
Be searching for me. How little did I know.