• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vancouver/Clark County Get's the message from joejoejoe!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
More front page press coverage from Vancouver.
Please read and join in the comments thread.

The Columbian Story here.

A Vancouver man who belongs to a national gun advocacy group made the same plea to Clark County commissioners on Tuesday as he did to the Vancouver City Council on Monday: update local codes regarding guns in parks so they are in accordance with state law, which says people may openly carry weapons in a non-threatening manner.<snip>

joejoejoe

A little better coverage there. I do want to note that I was a Store Director at the Hollywood Video in Portland, not hazel dell... so I hope no other Hollywood Employees see this... lol

Joe~

joejoejoe

I just don't understand why someone thinks we don't have the right to defend our life. I just don't get it...

If people feel so safe behind the law, just get rid of police. But then you might ask, "Who is going to enforce the law?" I would be inclined to return with the question "Why would the law need to be enforced?" They of course would have to reply by saying, "Because some people break it." We would both come to the conclusion that we are nowhere forward in correcting the issue of crime now than we were before. The safest answer then would be "every man is responsible for himself" and to defend that right.

Joe~