• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Park Codes Update

jt59

So, what the heck is the dang deal!

I got a response back from Wenatchee Eastmont parks Council Member:

"It is my understanding that the rule is being reviewed in context with recent Eastmont City Council action. I am copying our Parks Director for his review and comment. Thank you for your attention and comment"

Then the Parks Guy (David Schwab) followed on with this...

Thank you for your inquiry about the Eastmont Metropolitan Park District's Firearms Rule. This rule was changed by board action October 19, 2009. I checked the website and the updated rules are correct.

They are the approved Park Rules revised October 19, 2009 Section 9 of the Eastmont Metropolitan Park District rules currently read: Section 9. Firearms and/or Weapons No person shall discharge a firearm or weapon in any property, norshall any person discharge or propel across, in, or into any EMPD property,a firearm, bow and arrow, spear, spear gun, harpoon, sling shot, BB gun, airor gas weapon, or any device capable of injuring or killing a person oranimal, or damaging or destroying any public or private property. If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

.......this is actually the language in the "City of Wenatchee" Parks rules.

And, so I go here: http://www.eastmontparks.com/park-rules.shtml#9 Item 7b

.........and the darn thing isn't changed at all?....Whisky=Tango=Foxtrot, Amigo?

...But, This is confirmed in the Oct. 18, 2009 minutes

View attachment 3630

The minutes indicate the change, but do not specify what it is....and the rule is still unchanged in the code on the website...RRRRRRRRRR!

Pierce County did the same kind of a deal.....Parks Request, Code Revised, reviewed by legal, and ......no action by the council and sat on it for two years.

Conspiracy Theory Rule #26: Anything more than once is a trend.....

This is taxing my patience!

Last edited:

joejoejoe

Did you reply to the Council and the Parks Director regarding what you just told us? Keep it up man! They may just be hoping you will go away. Let them know you are gonna be on it until its followed through.

Joe~

jt59

Did you reply to the Council and the Parks Director regarding what you just told us? Keep it up man! They may just be hoping you will go away. Let them know you are gonna be on it until its followed through.

Joe~

I did indeed.....I'm so ticked, I changed my Avatar... until this gets sorted out.

Call me:

Bird-dog on a Duck

joejoejoe

Hahaha your frustrating is very clear :) The County Commissioner told me the replies can sometimes be a legal process. They don't wanna say the wrong thing, so they have editors review their replies. Because of this, replies often come late. So, just be persistent. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Joe~

Aryk45XD

Please correct me if I am wrong...

I do not see where it prohibits the carry or possession of a firearm, only the discharge.

ETA: I did not click on the link, only read the copy and paste in the OP.

Last edited:

ARADCOM

Eastmont Parks

The issue is that although the rules have been changed and updated, and are current in the PDF file which says (Section 9. Firearms and/or Weapons=No person shall discharge a firearm or weapon in any property), the actual web site still has the old language (Section 9. Firearms and/or Weapons-No person shall openly display a firearm or weapon).

ARADCOM

Web site changed

OK, I just checked and when you are at their Home Page and select — Administration/Park & Trails and Regulations/Park Rules you get the link to the current rules in PDF form and it no longer shows the old rules on the web page.

You can still see the old rules via links from the Site Map but most people would probably not be accessing them that way.

So, all is good.