• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got it, but man was it dirty.

Nevada carrier

dscf0106p.jpg

I know the test fire most firearms before they leave the factory, but This thing had so much carbon built up in it it would seem they test fired a case of ammunition before it left the factory. it took me about 2 hours and it's still a bit dirtier than I would care to admit.

VegasGeorge

I thought 1911's were unmistakable?

Well, sure. But it was the Tarus part I didn't get.

I've never heard of a new gun being delivered dirty like that. I think something is wrong. I don't know what difference it makes but it seems like a used gun to me.

Nevada carrier

I checked around and it turns out the more inexpensive manufacturers save on labor costs by shipping their new firearms dirty Taurus is one of these manufacturers. They fire about 6-8 magazines through the firearm before it leaves the factory, they will fire a mag and tune it, and fire again till they get to a certain standard of performance. It would be nice of them to ship me a clean gun, but meh, I would just strip it down and do it again myself anyway