• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going to South Dakota in November!

19Daniel91

Hey y'all!

I'm taking a week off from work :banana: in November and going to South Dakota to do some hunting and fishing and more hunting with my parents--and am excited to see it's a Gold Star open carry state! I've never had the chance to open carry in public before.

As a 19-year-old from the wretched state of Illinois, am I legally allowed to open carry my 9mm Smith and Wesson at campgrounds or while hunting in "public walk-in areas"?

Also, how common is open carry along the Missouri River?

Thanks!

sd_resident

I lived in Illinois for a few years, you'll be happy to find SD is way different that Illinois. You'll have fun here with it, carrying, hunting or fishing. I am glad I left.