Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT - DEROS in Hospital

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

OT - DEROS in Hospital

Actually, I'm not sure if he's still there, but he called me at about 10:30 pm Tuesday night to say that he was on his way to the Highline Hostpital ER because he was having some trouble with his heart. The next morning (yesterday) I took him some clothes and toiletries because they were keeping him for observation. When I left around 9:00 he was still waiting to see his cardiologist.

Just thought you'd want to know.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

just hopin its goin good

pm to you
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

69Charger
    Hope all is well.
    Keep us informed.

Dave

Bookman, thank you for telling us. I hope he is better now and back home. Sunday was stressful for him; he told me he was in a lot of pain, was out of his pain pills and wouldn't receive them from the VA till Wednesday. Please keep us informed, thanks.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

I'm home now.It was my heart again.With congestive heart failure fluids build up around the heart and my heart in its weakend state can't get rid of it.This creates a massive pressure in your chest .So because of that I woke up with pain ,and couldn't breathe.I had enough left to call 911. I had about 9 fire and paramedics in the place.2 trucks and an aid car etc outside.A couple of the fireguys regognized me.
    When I got to the hospital they put me on this IV to relieve the fluid pressure and after a few hours I was feeling better but they put me in a room for observation most of the day.
    My heart doc came to see me as ironically I had an appointment with him that morning.I told him about the BB-Q and he asked if I was eating a lot of salty food like salsa's(I'm not kidding).HE said that caused a lot of fluid retention that builds up around the heart and my heart can't get rid of it anymore.
    Anyway the last couple weeks sort of beat me up alittle.I'm at home now trying to get back to normal .Thanks Jon for bringing some stuff and making sure my weapons were secure.
    Just so you know it's all of you here that keep me going I couldn't have better friends!

69Charger
    STAY THE HE-- AWAY FROM THE SALSA.
    Glad to here you are better.
    I, we, all are hoping and praying for a fast recovery from this.

Dave

Glad to hear that you are back home and doing ok.....

Quote Originally Posted by tat2ed_guy View Post
    Glad to hear that you are back home and doing ok.....
    +1
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Glad you're feeling better.

Take care of yourself. You're the only Deros we have.

Yikes!

Just read what happened! Jim, I am glad you feeling better and out of the hospital. Get some rest and take care of yourself. Bookman, thanks for letting everyone know.

Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

So glad you are home and feeling better, Jim. Thanks for posting and letting us know. As someone above posted, you're the only Deros we have, please take care of yourself.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

I'm really glad to hear you're back home and recovering!

It is good to hear you are back at home, a little tired, but home. Take it easy. Whoever made the salsa for the party needs to put a NO DEROS sticker on the container.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Yikes, that's gotta be a scary feeling! I'm glad you're back home and resting. Take it easy and watch out for that salsa!

Deros we may not usually get along but i still believe the OCDO needs you!

Deros... stay well.

Good to hear you are back.

A few things I'm sure your doctor has told you but it's always good to repeat:
    1) keep a daily log of your weight
    This is related to the more fluid in your body the heart has to pump that excess and has to work harder. Fluid retention is a simple means to track how you are doing - you can do this very simply by tracking how much you gain day by day and over several weeks. A few pounds may be enough to put you into distress. You'll feel short of breath and/or chest pain and you'll find yourself not being able to walk as far.

2) decrease salt intake
    Directed related to #1 salt helps the body retain water and which again makes your heart work harder and can increase your blood pressure which is not good either.

3) get some activity
    We all need to get out and move around.

http://valleymed.staywellsolutionson...Failure/1,1556

NO salsa for DEROS72!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    It is good to hear you are back at home, a little tired, but home. Take it easy. Whoever made the salsa for the party needs to put a NO DEROS sticker on the container.
    Jim, when I made that salsa, I told you it was for removing grafitti from the sidewalk and lead from your barrel. NOT TO EAT.
    Get Well soon my friend.
    Jim

Trigger Dr's salsa is now banned from all OCDO BBQs.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Take it easy, and thank you for all your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajetpilot View Post
    Trigger Dr's salsa is now banned from all OCDO BBQs.
    I don't think so!

Glad to hear you're doing better, DEROS. I'd hate to see anything happen right after I met you Sunday.

Take care of yourself.
    It ain't easy in the Tweezy.

My favorite one to date: "Uh... You know the hammer's back on it, right?"

Me: o.O "Uh...yeah."

gald that all is well Deros. I am sure you were armed and I am curious, how did the aid car or hospital deal with your sidearm?

kenzmad

Cool

Jim (Heartattack) I just read this that you were in hospital cuz you ate all of my share of salsa that I asked to save for me? How you can do this my friend? Hey secondly I heard that your doc is getting fat on your medical bills (not TrigerDr) Jim you know fatness leads to heart problems atleast for your Doc's sake get well soon,

Glad to hear you are up and moving again Deros
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Glad to hear you are home hope you are feeling better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast