• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT - DEROS in Hospital

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
:eek: Actually, I'm not sure if he's still there, but he called me at about 10:30 pm Tuesday night to say that he was on his way to the Highline Hostpital ER because he was having some trouble with his heart. The next morning (yesterday) I took him some clothes and toiletries because they were keeping him for observation. When I left around 9:00 he was still waiting to see his cardiologist.

Just thought you'd want to know. :cool:

Ruby

Bookman, thank you for telling us. I hope he is better now and back home. Sunday was stressful for him; he told me he was in a lot of pain, was out of his pain pills and wouldn't receive them from the VA till Wednesday. Please keep us informed, thanks.

DEROS72

I'm home now.It was my heart again.With congestive heart failure fluids build up around the heart and my heart in its weakend state can't get rid of it.This creates a massive pressure in your chest .So because of that I woke up with pain ,and couldn't breathe.I had enough left to call 911. I had about 9 fire and paramedics in the place.2 trucks and an aid car etc outside.A couple of the fireguys regognized me.
When I got to the hospital they put me on this IV to relieve the fluid pressure and after a few hours I was feeling better but they put me in a room for observation most of the day.
My heart doc came to see me as ironically I had an appointment with him that morning.I told him about the BB-Q and he asked if I was eating a lot of salty food like salsa's(I'm not kidding).HE said that caused a lot of fluid retention that builds up around the heart and my heart can't get rid of it anymore.
Anyway the last couple weeks sort of beat me up alittle.I'm at home now trying to get back to normal .Thanks Jon for bringing some stuff and making sure my weapons were secure.
Just so you know it's all of you here that keep me going I couldn't have better friends!

69Charger

STAY THE HE-- AWAY FROM THE SALSA. :)
Glad to here you are better.
I, we, all are hoping and praying for a fast recovery from this.

Dave

Batousaii

Yikes!

Just read what happened! Jim, I am glad you feeling better and out of the hospital. Get some rest and take care of yourself. Bookman, thanks for letting everyone know.

Bat

Ruby

So glad you are home and feeling better, Jim. Thanks for posting and letting us know. As someone above posted, you're the only Deros we have, please take care of yourself.

Beretta92FSLady

It is good to hear you are back at home, a little tired, but home. Take it easy. Whoever made the salsa for the party needs to put a NO DEROS sticker on the container.

boosteddreams

Yikes, that's gotta be a scary feeling! I'm glad you're back home and resting. Take it easy and watch out for that salsa!

oldkim

Deros... stay well.

Good to hear you are back.

A few things I'm sure your doctor has told you but it's always good to repeat:
1) keep a daily log of your weight
This is related to the more fluid in your body the heart has to pump that excess and has to work harder. Fluid retention is a simple means to track how you are doing - you can do this very simply by tracking how much you gain day by day and over several weeks. A few pounds may be enough to put you into distress. You'll feel short of breath and/or chest pain and you'll find yourself not being able to walk as far.

2) decrease salt intake
Directed related to #1 salt helps the body retain water and which again makes your heart work harder and can increase your blood pressure which is not good either.

3) get some activity
We all need to get out and move around.

http://valleymed.staywellsolutionsonline.com/Conditions/Heart/Conditions/HeartFailure/1,1556

Trigger Dr

NO salsa for DEROS72!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is good to hear you are back at home, a little tired, but home. Take it easy. Whoever made the salsa for the party needs to put a NO DEROS sticker on the container.

Jim, when I made that salsa, I told you it was for removing grafitti from the sidewalk and lead from your barrel. NOT TO EAT.
Get Well soon my friend.
Jim