Thread: (off-topic) 6 threads locked since 1-july......an open plea....

(off-topic) 6 threads locked since 1-july......an open plea....

This is an open plea to the the major posters in the Tennessee board involving the events surrounding Kwikrnu's troubles over the last year or so.

I'm sure that alot of people have taken sides in all of this. Some of us have stayed on the sidelines.....some of us (myself included) have jumped in from time to time, and jumped right back out again.

Most, if not all of the recent threads started with some good information, then started the downward spiral in personal attacks, senseless bickering back and forth....WHAT DOES IT ACCOMPLISH? WHERE DOES IT END???

What does all of this accomplish for open-carry? What does all of this accomplish for the state of Tennessee? What does all of this accomplish for this forum?

All of you have made (and continue to make) valid points. But, what good is it doing when it turns into locked threads and closing messages from the administrators of this forum? Like these for example.....

"Locked

This entire thread has become argumentative, unnecessarily repetitious and contentious - also OT from the OP and personal attacks abound."

"This thread is now officially a **** measuring contest and I am closing it.

John"

"Once again, this has devolved into a fight between groups of posters having nothing to do with gun rights.

The thread is closed."

"This isn't about open carry or even gun rights. It is about the fight between you guys and I don't want it from either camp.

Thread closed."

When is enough, enough guys? If it isn't obvious by now......You're NOT going to agree with each other. I'm not saying (and neither is anyone else) that you have to. You're not necessarily supposed to, either.

I didn't post this to take sides. And I'd really like it if no one else did on this thread, either. All I will say is to you Kwik.....I hope that you can work out your legal troubles to your satisfaction, and in some way is a benefit, and not dentrimental, to the residents in the state of Tennessee.

Maybe this post pisses a few people off, in some ways, maybe it should, although that is not my intention. A spirited debate is great, especially when the subject is guns, open-carry, the Bill of Rights....etc. But, this is rapidly approaching a level of insanity that does no good for the TN board, or for this forum as a whole.

Please guys..........Give it a rest already.

Chase
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

Understand where you are coming from. I, too, think the mods here are a bit fed up with the ******* contest.

Why do you think I have posted a few Non-Kwikrnu related posts? To get the focus of this State's forum on other things than the Kwik Carnival.

Off topic: Welcome back to the mainland. What area in Georgia?
    Μολὼν λάβε

Quote Originally Posted by HvyMtl View Post
    Understand where you are coming from. I, too, think the mods here are a bit fed up with the ******* contest.

Why do you think I have posted a few Non-Kwikrnu related posts? To get the focus of this State's forum on other things than the Kwik Carnival.

Off topic: Welcome back to the mainland. What area in Georgia?
    Not.yet, but thanks. Headin' to King's Bay sometime in January.
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

Navy?
    Μολὼν λάβε

Yeah.

Thank you for your Service.
    Μολὼν λάβε

even farther off topic...

I was stationed in Kings Bay from 2000 - 2002 on the Maine (G). remember, if it flies and bites, it lives in S. Georgia.

Good luck!

Pol