• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LOCAL Meeting, Sept 1, 2010

sraacke

It's almost time again for the Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League meeting.
Mark your calendars and be there for our regular monthly business meeting.

Date: September 1, 2010
Time:6:30pm (try to get there early to socilize and order if you are eating)
Place: Shoney's Resturant in LaPlace, La
Highway 51 aka Main St near I-10.

LOCAL members are strongly encouraged to attend as well as anyone interested in Open Carry in La. If you havn't made it to a meeting yet please try to join us. You will not be sorry.

55bowtie

You should change it to South Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League.Do you EVER have it any other place in the state???????

LA Confederate

You should change it to South Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League.Do you EVER have it any other place in the state???????

If you are interested in stepping up to the plate to organize a northern LA chapter then there are those who would come. LOCAL was established from the get-go as a statewide organization. It is no one's fault that the northern chapter has not been organized yet other than those people who live in that part of the state. It is up to you and the other folks in your region to get your own chapter going, just like it's the responsibility of those in southwestern areas of the state to do the same.

sraacke

We have the meetings down there because that is nearest to most of the LOCAL founders who started this organization a year ago. We needed a PUBLIC place to hold out business meetings vs someones living room. Shoneys is a alcohol free, gun friendly resturant with a meeting room available so we went there.
LOCAL is a statewide organization but we have set it up to have regional chapters. The SouthEast Chapter of LOCAL covers the parishes West of the Mississippi River.
We are hoping that the Laffayette/Lake Charles/Alexandria area gets a few interested people to form a SouthWest Chapter.
You and a few others can put together the North La Chapter.
Have a meetup. You don't have to do anything official the first time. Just a get to know you type meeting. Pick a place and time. Here, I'll help. You have a Shoneys near you.
1832 Old Minden Road
Bossier City, LA 71111-4810
(318) 746-3323
I found the location at shoneys.com‎ . Pick a date.
Ask those in your area which evening is best for them. A good place to ask is in the Northern La section of the LOCAL forum. http://www.laopencarry.org/northern-louisiana-f11.html .
Start a thread there and tell everyone when you plan on meeting at the Shoneys. Contact the Shoneys, ask to reserve the meeting room and then show up. Take it from there. That's all we did. We will help anyway we can.
PM me here or at the LOCAL forum if you want to ask anything.
Good luck.