Thread: How many CHP/CCW/CCP permits issued nationwide? Ranges?

How many CHP/CCW/CCP permits issued nationwide? Ranges?

I know many states have the individuals' data secured, but it is my understanding that many states have also released annual permit numbers. Does anyone have a good reliable source for how many have been issued by each state and/or how many are active nationwide currently? Also looking for how this trend has progressed year over year statistically.

This could be very helpful in persuading law makers to see how many of their constituents are getting more heavily involved in gun rights. I know there are millions more who carry openly and don't apply for CHPs but that data cannot be obtained. Thanks!

There are approximately 6 million Concealed Carry permit holders nationwide, but that is a VERY rough estimate. Many states block access to their data, under data security laws, like VA and MD...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Many states block access to their data, under data security laws, like VA and MD...
    Maryland is not a state. It is a large-scale CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE - remember?
    Last edited by Ruger; 08-20-2010 at 09:22 AM. Reason: added link ;)
    Carry on!