• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCDW Class 9-11-2010

Outlaw_A

Hey I will be having a CCDW class on Saturday September 11th at the Sand Gap fire dept in Jackson Co. If anyone is interested the cost is $75. The class is limited to 20 people. Any questions call (606) 308-9370

hotrod

Hey Outlaw, when you give your class do you cover the choice of open carry also or is it strictly concealed carry. I got my CDWL in Nov of 1996 and I was oblivious to open carry. I hope that you educate on the ability to open carry throughout the Commonwealth.

Outlaw_A

I do make some note of it but it is limited because the stuff that I can talk about is defined by law and I can only say what is in the book. The videos and book do mention repeatedly that this is for only concealed weapons and talk about OC slightly

I wish that they gave us some more freedom on mentioning stuff like OC but because of liability and the generic by the book style I cant talk about it too much.

Swamper

Just to add info... of the three instructors I shoot with here locally, all include open carry options in their courses, and have short discussions on why concealed is better in some circumstances (you don't make yourself a target to the thugs), and open is better in others (riots in your locality, and you and a few of your neighbors are walking guard to ward off rowdy intruders and looters).

They get around the "What you can and can't discuss" by bringing it up just as everyone is rising to go to lunch! So it's not part of the actual course work, just an aside that gets mentioned ... and stops everyone to hear the questions it always brings!

They do so, just to let folks know we ARE an open carry State, and we CAN carry openly where it is not denied, which around here no where, except schools and hospitals.

There was a group that met in various resturants on Saturday morning breakfast, and shopping at Wal-Mart or similar box stores for open carry, just to exercise a right we did not want to lose. With the advent of CDWL, it sort of died out, which is a shame. We never had a single problem doing it.

Last edited: