• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Polishing a stainless steel pistol

Krinkovliu

I am planning to purchase a Smith and Wesson Model 66 which is a stainless steel revolver. This is going to be basically a plinking gun and a bragging rights gun (I'm mainly a semi-auto guy and rely on a Sig Sauer as my self defense firearm). The seller says that for about $25 I can have a jeweler polish it so that it is pimp shiny bright. Does anyone know of a jeweler or gunsmith in the Puget Sound area who can do this skillfully?

Hammer

I think he forgot a zero. By themselves, zeros are pretty worthless. But put 'em where they belong, and bingo! You got something.
I have polished a lot of stuff, including some stainless. $25 is a generous underestimate. Check with a gunsmith to see what it would really cost.