• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The North of Everett OC Report

Wolfebane

Bellingham
8/25 - 8/27

Went to Haggen's (the one at the end of Bill McDonald Pkwy) several times for various supply needs.

Went back to Bellingham Detail & Glass gave the owner a pamphlet (not sure if I mentioned that already in another post) had my window replaced; nice guy, good service.

Went to the WalMart on the Guide, first (barely) negative experience. Guy behind me as I'm walking into the store says "I dont think you can be carrying a gun like that"

To which I replied: "Well the Constitution begs to differ."

I then explained about the RCW's and the Washington State Constitution (unfortunately I didn't have any pamphlets on me at the time). He walked away eventually, don't think he believed me - said he was from Spokane.

Went to the Schucks off of the Iowa exit got some new blades and asked about a few parts, no problems there.

Went to the Fred Meyer on Bakerview - also no problem.

sudden valley gunner

So at what point did you disarm & pack it away? And where are you now?:confused:

Well thought about the counter very briefly. I went to restroom and did. Then had to open it up at counter. TSA does not want you to open it up, but had to because the counter person put the firearm tag in my firearm box.

And wow you should see the paper work to "register" here. Ridiculous. Everybody got a kick at the police station though over my evidence sticker, my firearm got passed around at the station for everyone to see they love the sticker idea. LOL.

ARADCOM

Second Comment

08/27 Been away for 5 days and went to Haggen's on Meridian this afternoon to pick up a few things. As I was perusing the donut selection a guy behind me says, "You've got a pistol." I said yes I do. He asked why and I said for personal protection and because the Washington Constitution says I can. He said he could see that in Seattle but didn't think it was necessary around here. I replied that if we all knew when the bad things were going to happen life would be a lot better. He and his wife and I had a pleasant conversation about several things for a couple of minutes. It's only the second time someones commented on the OC and was a nice encounter.

Metalhead47

Well thought about the counter very briefly. I went to restroom and did. Then had to open it up at counter. TSA does not want you to open it up, but had to because the counter person put the firearm tag in my firearm box.

And wow you should see the paper work to "register" here. Ridiculous. Everybody got a kick at the police station though over my evidence sticker, my firearm got passed around at the station for everyone to see they love the sticker idea. LOL.

So you have to register it there even if you're just visiting? Heh, I'm surprised they let you have it at all. Can't carry it tho, right? I think I read in a post a long time back that someone did actually unload at the counter just before checking a sidearm, bet the reaction from everyone standing in line with him must have been amusing.

sudden valley gunner

So you have to register it there even if you're just visiting? Heh, I'm surprised they let you have it at all. Can't carry it tho, right? I think I read in a post a long time back that someone did actually unload at the counter just before checking a sidearm, bet the reaction from everyone standing in line with him must have been amusing.

I am in what I consider another home the state of Hawaii.
The only western state worse than California.
Yea I read that too but, time was an issue so I didn't want to press it, and feel that they may be able to construe that type of handling as "warranting alarm".

sudden valley gunner

08/27 Been away for 5 days and went to Haggen's on Meridian this afternoon to pick up a few things. As I was perusing the donut selection a guy behind me says, "You've got a pistol." I said yes I do. He asked why and I said for personal protection and because the Washington Constitution says I can. He said he could see that in Seattle but didn't think it was necessary around here. I replied that if we all knew when the bad things were going to happen life would be a lot better. He and his wife and I had a pleasant conversation about several things for a couple of minutes. It's only the second time someones commented on the OC and was a nice encounter.

Another point I bring out is that a few years ago we had 0 murders, I think it was '08, but in '09 we had 9. I also am open with people that the fact I carry openly, brings gun carrying and ownership out of the closet, it forces people to more accepting of it the more they see it.

ARADCOM

It's lonely being the only OC'er in North of Everett!

09/02

Washington Federal - Cornwall

Sunset Postal and Business Center (Sunset Square)

Marine Drive Market (corner of Bennett)

Hammer

Another point I bring out is that a few years ago we had 0 murders, I think it was '08, but in '09 we had 9. I also am open with people that the fact I carry openly, brings gun carrying and ownership out of the closet, it forces people to more accepting of it the more they see it.

I'm gonna add this comment:
I've had to unholster in defense 2 times in 35+ years. Both times were in rural areas. Many think urban areas have more crime, and that may be true statistically. But how far away is any kind of deputized help if you are in an unpopulated area? You better be able to take care of the problem yourself, or you will certainly be the victim.
I should add that I have spent most of my life in rural WA, so it stands to reason that would be where something could happen to me.

sudden valley gunner

I'm gonna add this comment:
I've had to unholster in defense 2 times in 35+ years. Both times were in rural areas. Many think urban areas have more crime, and that may be true statistically. But how far away is any kind of deputized help if you are in an unpopulated area? You better be able to take care of the problem yourself, or you will certainly be the victim.
I should add that I have spent most of my life in rural WA, so it stands to reason that would be where something could happen to me.

Very true,

Our area a few miles out of town gets lots of thefts and "jacking", cop response is slow and they can just jump into the woods to hide. It's very hard to get caught.