Thread: Post recent OC experiences?

Campaign Veteran

Post recent OC experiences?

Lately, I've OC'd at Cabelas, Sam's Club, storage place, NAPA. Haven't gotten out much due to heavy work schedule. You guys?

I've carried openly all over western SD, mostly Rapid City, Spearfish and Hot Springs. One problem at Walmart in Spearfish in '05, and once in Rapid City about two years ago, but nothing since. Just had to set the manager straight on their own policy.

There are a LOT more places posted "no guns" in SD, and I simply stay out of those places. Their loss.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

I have carried in a few places on the Eastern side, I am getting more comforatable everytime I do without any problems.

Campaign Veteran
    Over the weekend in RC:
    Wally World
    Cabelas
    Mr. Movies
    Work Warehouse
    First Stop
    Sams
    Tractor Supply Company
    Pizza Hut
    Star of the West Hat Co - Great hats, great pro-2a attitude! Give them your business!
    South Dakota Tea Party Alliance (SDTPA) Inaugural Meeting - Pro 2a without compromise.
    Last edited by petrophase; 08-24-2010 at 10:30 PM.

SE South Dakota

OC'd Yesterday at HyVee, Jones Food Center, Shell gas station. LEO was at the gas station, but he was there for a different reason. No Problems. I placed them on Friendorfoe.us so the info in on there. You should post some on there.
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by XDSTEEL View Post
    OC'd Yesterday at HyVee, Jones Food Center, Shell gas station. LEO was at the gas station, but he was there for a different reason. No Problems. I placed them on Friendorfoe.us so the info in on there. You should post some on there.
    Great idea. I did go to friendorfoe.us and enter some reviews. Thanks for the nudge.

Hey not a problem. Thanks for the review. Lets get South Dakota mapped up for our other OCers so they have a great time if/when they come.
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

update

Nothing too notable. still OC around town. No problems or confrontations.

Great OC experience

I OCed tonight and went into the Shell gas station on Cherry Str. I have been goinf there for awhile and tonight there was the regualr Indain guy (from India). He asked if I was an undercover cop or just a police officer. I told him that I am just a regular citizen. I told him you don't need a permit to openly carry. he then got interested in being an OCer. He isn't a citizen yet but will be in a few years and excited to use his 2nd amendment rights

Glad that he is interested. Hopefully he will get out there when he has a chance.

I OCed tonight and went into the Shell gas station on Cherry Str. I have been goinf there for awhile and tonight there was the regualr Indain guy (from India). He asked if I was an undercover cop or just a police officer. I told him that I am just a regular citizen. I told him you don't need a permit to openly carry. he then got interested in being an OCer. He isn't a citizen yet but will be in a few years and excited to use his 2nd amendment rights

Sioux Falls

Going to Sioux Falls later today and going to OC. Going to be the first time OCing anywhere but where I live. Hopefully it goes well.

Sufu

Went to sioux falls to OC. Didn't do much because basically I did not go places where they allowed it. Went to Scheels, Olive garden, and the Empire Mall. Empire Mall don't allow wepons period.

Campaign Veteran
    Did you OC at Scheels or OG? The Scheels here in Rapid is anti-OC.

Quote Originally Posted by petrophase View Post
    Did you OC at Scheels or OG? The Scheels here in Rapid is anti-OC.
    OC. Just went in nobody notice. did not ask or anything.

Good experience

Working at my new job and found that a co-worker conceal carry when he is not working. He did not know he could OC here and he is interested in doing it. Asked if he wanted to OC around town so we are going to at some point.

Stampede Hockey Game

I was at a Stampede game the other night, I did not carry but thought of it. They checked bags on the way in but I did not see anything posted on the entrances and the ticket left is very vague.

Does anyone know if the Stampede games are firearm friendly?

Sioux Falls Arena

I did not find anything specific but it looks like after a pat down you maybe a "case by case basis" here is the web address.

http://www.sfarena.com/ticket_info/security_policies

'Management reserves the right to handle each occurrence on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the item, the patron may either be asked to remove the item from the facility or dispose of them or may be ejected from the facility. "

They have a number for guest services if you wanna call LOL !

I checked the website and it does mention no lasers, firearms and weapons. I'lll have to look next time I am in the area if they have anything posted.

Any updat to that? Anyways got Army drill on sunday in MN going to OC in sioux falls after it is over

No update, i haven't been back to Souix Falls, I have been traveling for work lately. I was going to follow up and maybe do some open carry maybe over Christmas.

Cool. Anyways that weekend went to Walmart on Louis Ave. Went Scheels, Best Buy. Neutral mostly no encounters pos or Neg.

Campaign Veteran
    Cool. Anyways that weekend went to Walmart on Louis Ave. Went Scheels, Best Buy. Neutral mostly no encounters pos or Neg.
    I wish our Scheels was so enlightened. Have you noticed any of their employees noticing you, or had any talks with their managers?

Quote Originally Posted by petrophase View Post
    I wish our Scheels was so enlightened. Have you noticed any of their employees noticing you, or had any talks with their managers?
    I have talked with the employees about the merchandise but nothing about my gun. I am sure if they even notice they may tell management. OH WELL!! I am going to keep on OCing there until someone says something.

Went to Pizza Hut last night for carry out. Was OCing with my new CQC Serpa holster from BLACKHAWK!. I attached the holster to the thigh rig from BLACKHAWK! so it would not be concealed. Anyway, I ordered carryout and nobody said anything to me till I was about to leave. Some lady was looking at my pistol and then asked if it was real and I said Yes and she then looked at my pistol again and told me to be careful and not to shoot my knee. LOL I said it was safe lol.

Campaign Veteran
    Went to Pizza Hut last night for carry out. Was OCing with my new CQC Serpa holster from BLACKHAWK!. I attached the holster to the thigh rig from BLACKHAWK! so it would not be concealed. Anyway, I ordered carryout and nobody said anything to me till I was about to leave. Some lady was looking at my pistol and then asked if it was real and I said Yes and she then looked at my pistol again and told me to be careful and not to shoot my knee. LOL I said it was safe lol.
    Good story! The British do not have a monopoly on dry wit.