• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Post recent OC experiences?

MamaLiberty

I've carried openly all over western SD, mostly Rapid City, Spearfish and Hot Springs. One problem at Walmart in Spearfish in '05, and once in Rapid City about two years ago, but nothing since. Just had to set the manager straight on their own policy.

There are a LOT more places posted "no guns" in SD, and I simply stay out of those places. Their loss.

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
Over the weekend in RC:
Wally World
Cabelas
Mr. Movies
Work Warehouse
First Stop
Sams
Tractor Supply Company
Pizza Hut
Star of the West Hat Co - Great hats, great pro-2a attitude! Give them your business!
South Dakota Tea Party Alliance (SDTPA) Inaugural Meeting - Pro 2a without compromise.

Last edited:

XDSTEEL

SE South Dakota

OC'd Yesterday at HyVee, Jones Food Center, Shell gas station. LEO was at the gas station, but he was there for a different reason. No Problems. I placed them on Friendorfoe.us so the info in on there. You should post some on there.

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
OC'd Yesterday at HyVee, Jones Food Center, Shell gas station. LEO was at the gas station, but he was there for a different reason. No Problems. I placed them on Friendorfoe.us so the info in on there. You should post some on there.

Great idea. I did go to friendorfoe.us and enter some reviews. Thanks for the nudge.

XDSTEEL

Hey not a problem. Thanks for the review. Lets get South Dakota mapped up for our other OCers so they have a great time if/when they come.

XDSTEEL

Great OC experience

I OCed tonight and went into the Shell gas station on Cherry Str. I have been goinf there for awhile and tonight there was the regualr Indain guy (from India). He asked if I was an undercover cop or just a police officer. I told him that I am just a regular citizen. I told him you don't need a permit to openly carry. he then got interested in being an OCer. He isn't a citizen yet but will be in a few years and excited to use his 2nd amendment rights

sd_resident

Glad that he is interested. Hopefully he will get out there when he has a chance.

I OCed tonight and went into the Shell gas station on Cherry Str. I have been goinf there for awhile and tonight there was the regualr Indain guy (from India). He asked if I was an undercover cop or just a police officer. I told him that I am just a regular citizen. I told him you don't need a permit to openly carry. he then got interested in being an OCer. He isn't a citizen yet but will be in a few years and excited to use his 2nd amendment rights

XDSTEEL

Sioux Falls

Going to Sioux Falls later today and going to OC. Going to be the first time OCing anywhere but where I live. Hopefully it goes well.

XDSTEEL

Sufu

Went to sioux falls to OC. Didn't do much because basically I did not go places where they allowed it. Went to Scheels, Olive garden, and the Empire Mall. Empire Mall don't allow wepons period.

XDSTEEL

Good experience

Working at my new job and found that a co-worker conceal carry when he is not working. He did not know he could OC here and he is interested in doing it. Asked if he wanted to OC around town so we are going to at some point.

sd_resident

Stampede Hockey Game

I was at a Stampede game the other night, I did not carry but thought of it. They checked bags on the way in but I did not see anything posted on the entrances and the ticket left is very vague.

Does anyone know if the Stampede games are firearm friendly?

XDSTEEL

Sioux Falls Arena

I did not find anything specific but it looks like after a pat down you maybe a "case by case basis" here is the web address.

http://www.sfarena.com/ticket_info/security_policies

'Management reserves the right to handle each occurrence on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the item, the patron may either be asked to remove the item from the facility or dispose of them or may be ejected from the facility. "

They have a number for guest services if you wanna call LOL !

XDSTEEL

Any updat to that? Anyways got Army drill on sunday in MN going to OC in sioux falls after it is over