Thread: Fairfax County Active Shooter

Fairfax County Active Shooter Info PDF from FCPD

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/...oterposter.pdf

The good: at least they advise defending yourself and taking out the active shooter:

As a last resort and only when
    your life is in imminent danger
    Attempt to incapacitate the active
    shooter

Act with physical aggression and
    throw items at the active shooter [nova: yeah, like lead and copper at high velocity]

The sort of bad, depending on how you interpret it (just mentioning guns among friends that someone overhears, or talking about guns and violent crimes and hinting at how you'd like to just shoot everyone who's ever looked at you wrong at work?)

RECOGNIZING SIGNS
    OF POTENTIAL WORKPLACE VIOLENCE

Increase in unsolicited comments about violence, firearms, and other dangerous weapons and violent crimes
    Last edited by nova; 08-20-2010 at 02:38 AM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    SNIP Increase in unsolicited comments about violence, firearms, and other dangerous weapons and violent crimes
    Sounds like the Brady Campaign is a hot-bed of workplace violence just waiting to boil over.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Sounds like the Brady Campaign is a hot-bed of workplace violence just waiting to boil over.
    Projection, my friend. It's why anti's are anti. They don't trust anyone else with guns, because they don't trust themselves with guns.

Founder's Club Member
    Projection, my friend. It's why anti's are anti. They don't trust anyone else with guns, because they don't trust themselves with guns.
    No. No. No. Imagine how much workplace discussion of violence, guns, and so forth must occur in the Brady broomcloset office. And, when was the last time you heard of anybody soliciting their comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    No. No. No. Imagine how much workplace discussion of violence, guns, and so forth must occur in the Brady broomcloset office. And, when was the last time you heard of anybody soliciting their comments?

Thumbs up This is a GOOD day at work....

Increase in unsolicited comments about violence, firearms, and other dangerous weapons and violent crimes
    We like having good discussions about gun shows, idiots, dangerous weapons....Thats how we roll!

is this PDF a joke?
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Walt_Kowalski View Post
    is this PDF a joke?
    Phase '2' really worked well for the students at Tech, didn't it?

"Hide out"
    "Bar the door"

Brilliant. If you're unarmed you are far more likely to end up dead than rescued. Period.

Further:
    Number of potential victims at the location
    If you were armed that number goes to zero immediately. "Potential" drops from the equation once the threat is neutralized, an act which is fairly accomplished by KILLING THE BG.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Attempt to incapacitate the active shooter
    A couple of hollow points to COM will accomplish that nicely.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/...oterposter.pdf
    At my job I don't think it's possible for anyone to increase comments about firearms, etc.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Act with physical aggression and
    throw items at the active shooter [nova: yeah, like lead and copper at high velocity]
    That has to be a joke. Throw things at a person who is shooting others? The most likely outcome is that the active shooter will now have a next target.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

They left off two of the most IMPORTANT recommendations:

1. Buy a firearm in a caliber that is effective in stopping Zombies with 1 or 2 well-placed shots using an effective defense round.
    The following calbers are suggested while others may work in a pinch... .45 ACP, .357 mag, .40, .38 Super, .38 +P and 9mm (9mm as a last resort ONLY if you have good self-defense rounds).

2. Practice and be proficient in the Mozambique Drill. If you are incapable of performing this drill quickly and effectively out to 10 yards, do not buy a firearm. Consider a collection of cast-iron frying pans or golf clubs instead.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)