Thread: Fairfax County Active Shooter
The good: at least they advise defending yourself and taking out the active shooter:
• As a last resort and only when
your life is in imminent danger.
• Attempt to incapacitate the active
• Act with physical aggression and
throw items at the active shooter [nova: yeah, like lead and copper at high velocity]
The sort of bad, depending on how you interpret it (just mentioning guns among friends that someone overhears, or talking about guns and violent crimes and hinting at how you'd like to just shoot everyone who's ever looked at you wrong at work?)
OF POTENTIAL WORKPLACE VIOLENCE
• Increase in unsolicited comments about violence, firearms, and other dangerous weapons and violent crimes
Last edited by nova; 08-20-2010 at 01:38 AM.
is this PDF a joke?
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
-- George Washington
"Bar the door"
Brilliant. If you're unarmed you are far more likely to end up dead than rescued. Period.
Further:If you were armed that number goes to zero immediately. "Potential" drops from the equation once the threat is neutralized, an act which is fairly accomplished by KILLING THE BG.Number of potential victims at the location
The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine
Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
A couple of hollow points to COM will accomplish that nicely.• Attempt to incapacitate the active shooter
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
They left off two of the most IMPORTANT recommendations:
1. Buy a firearm in a caliber that is effective in stopping Zombies with 1 or 2 well-placed shots using an effective defense round.
The following calbers are suggested while others may work in a pinch... .45 ACP, .357 mag, .40, .38 Super, .38 +P and 9mm (9mm as a last resort ONLY if you have good self-defense rounds).
2. Practice and be proficient in the Mozambique Drill. If you are incapable of performing this drill quickly and effectively out to 10 yards, do not buy a firearm. Consider a collection of cast-iron frying pans or golf clubs instead.
"If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
SERPA retention or concealed...
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
(Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)