• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody see this? A friggin' 10 year old?

daddy4count

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012673873_boyshot20m.html

I admit, I am a bit behind the local news this week...

Okay, so I guess this should not surprise me, but armed robbery by a 10 year old?

I'm a bit confused as to why the 17 year old is not in custody facing weapons charges.

But I am more concerned about the idea of a 10 year old holding me up at gun point. This is one self defense situation I have never considered before. I guess I better get on that because my initial reaction is that I could NEVER shoot a little kid. But one pointing a gun at me? When does he cease to be a child and become BG with a gun?

tat2ed_guy

I dont know how anyone else sees this but I have 4 children and a loving wife. I dont care how old you are, I will do what i have to do to go home to them everyday of my life.

rotty

10 years old ... 30 years old makes no difference to me. Point a firearm at me and hopefully my reaction time is fast enough so I am the one leaving standing up.

Dave Workman

JSlack

man, I'd have a REAL tough time with that...I want to be the one to go home at the end of the day...but man I'd wrestle with that for the rest of my life. that would be tough.....:cry:

daddy4count

man, I'd have a REAL tough time with that...I want to be the one to go home at the end of the day...but man I'd wrestle with that for the rest of my life. that would be tough.....:cry:

Heartbreaking, in fact...

But as y'all said, the choice is NOT going home to my family.

I guess it's better to live to regret THE BOYS actions?

Last edited:

flb_78

I would have beat him up, took his gun and his lunch money and told him my dad can beat up his dad!! That'll learn him...

but in all seriousness, yeah, he'd be one little dead gangbanger wanna be.

JSlack

But as y'all said, the choice is NOT going home to my family.

I would have to make the choice to go home to the family as well.

I guess it's better to live to regret THE BOYS actions?

One angle I had not thought of. It was not me that put him up to HIS actions. I REacted to what he was doing.

A threat is a threat. right?

young, old, big, small....it still ends the same way.

joejoejoe

The hell that kid "didn't know what he was doing was wrong." Thirteen previous robberies and other related charges, we all know he knew he was in the wrong. He is in a gang with his brothers. If you were to ask him, he would not certainly say that what he was doing was right. My almost-two-year-old niece knows when she is in the wrong! The kid needs to go to juvenile with his brothers, and they need some serious counciling.

Joe~

HeesBonafide

10 Yr old is the one that had the gun

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012673873_boyshot20m.html

I admit, I am a bit behind the local news this week...

Okay, so I guess this should not surprise me, but armed robbery by a 10 year old?

I'm a bit confused as to why the 17 year old is not in custody facing weapons charges.

But I am more concerned about the idea of a 10 year old holding me up at gun point. This is one self defense situation I have never considered before. I guess I better get on that because my initial reaction is that I could NEVER shoot a little kid. But one pointing a gun at me? When does he cease to be a child and become BG with a gun?

The 17 year old is the victim and the 10 year old is the one that was attempting to rob him and the 10 year old is the one that had the gun. The 17 year old saw the gun coming out and he bear hugged the 10 year old to pervent him from pulling it out. That is when the gun went off and shot the 10 year old.

Oh, and the 10 Year had his two older brother's there as well and he is suspected in about 13 other felonies -- an upstanding (upcoming) citizen!

flb_78

The 17 year old is the victim and the 10 year old is the one that was attempting to rob him and the 10 year old is the one that had the gun. The 17 year old saw the gun coming out and he bear hugged the 10 year old to pervent him from pulling it out. That is when the gun went off and shot the 10 year old.

Oh, and the 10 Year had his two older brother's there as well and he is suspected in about 13 other felonies -- an upstanding (upcoming) citizen!

The story says that the "group" of 3 half brothers knew the 17 year old was carrying a gun in his backpack. They grabbed the backpack because they wanted the gun. The gun went off during the altercation and hit the 10 year old.

All 4 "boys" should have been arrested and tried as adults.

daddy4count

Yep, agreed... just because he was a victim does not mean the 17 yr old was not breaking the law as well.

How many charges, three? Possession of a loaded firearm, concealed, serial numbers filed off

I still cannot shake the horrific idea of having to draw down on a young kid...

HeesBonafide

Watch the Video at the bottom of the article

The story says that the "group" of 3 half brothers knew the 17 year old was carrying a gun in his backpack. They grabbed the backpack because they wanted the gun. The gun went off during the altercation and hit the 10 year old.

All 4 "boys" should have been arrested and tried as adults.

It specifically states in the video that the 10 year had the backpack with the gun.

Something tells me though that ALL of them are not model citizens.

devildoc5

MY own personal belief on this whole situation is that he PARENTS of all involved in this situation not only need counseling and classes on how to BE parents, but they should be tried by proxy as well.

That is the majority of what is wrong with (getting worse btw) people these days. They never got their scrawny little a$$e$ beat for misbehaving and can mouth off at their parents whenever they want to and just be little snot nosed punks and the parents are either NEVER there or just dont care or both.

Yeah growing up my dad was never home (Navy man) but I guarantee you my mom made a list of everything I did while he was gone. (after she punished me for it of course) then when my dad got home he would beat my little butt again for it. And yes my mom worked at least part time most of the time too.

Perhaps that is why I turned out to be "so good" (lol).

Parents need to start being held accountable for the results of their bad/lack of parenting....

P.S. Video link: http://www.king5.com/home/youth-violence-101031684.html

Last edited:

daddy4count

MY own personal belief on this whole situation is that he PARENTS of all involved in this situation not only need counseling and classes on how to BE parents, but they should be tried by proxy as well. ...

Parents need to start being held accountable for the results of their bad/lack of parenting....

+1

TechnoWeenie

I've gotten gasps and shouts when I've said this before.. But oh well..

A gun is no less deadly in the hand of an 8 year old or an 80 year old.

If a gun was being used in a manner in which is was going to cause intentional harm, Ie a robbery, I don't care how old you are, you're going to be treated the same.

If that means I shot/killed an 8 y/o for pointing a gun at me and demanding money, so be it.

It's either me or him. I'm gonna do my damnedest to make sure I'm going home that night. As with any situation, pulling your weapon is a last resort, so if other means are available, I'll take it. But if it comes down to it, I would shoot. Yeah, it'd suck... But like I said, I wanna go home at the end of the night.