• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheriff's candidates discuss ... , concealed carry at forum. Caledonia, JournalTimes.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
http://www.journaltimes.com/news/lo...cle_147167de-ac0b-11df-8bf9-001cc4c03286.html
EXCERPT said:
Concealed Carry

Schmaling: "I believe as your next sheriff, each and every citizen has the right to possess a firearm. (We have to) make sure the people putting guns on their hips are not only trained but also have a clean criminal history."

Gonzalez: "I've got nothing to fear from a law-abiding citizen carrying a concealed weapon."

Molnar: "Wisconsin is one of two states that don't have concealed carry. ... I am a proponent of concealed carry law in the state of Wisconsin."

Captain Nemo

I'm a bit surprised that sheriff candidates aren't ask which type of carry they would prefer to see i.e. open carry, concealed carry, constitutional carry or no carry. All the emphasis appears to be on concealed carry.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
All the emphasis appears to be on concealed carry.

Its kinda like talking politics...

Everyone knows that libertarians exist, but whenever a topic comes up for "mass media" consumption every debate is always phrased in "republican or democrat"

Conceal carry or no carry is all the world knows (thank you *ra)

Captain Nemo

I sent the following email to the Wisconsin Sheriffs and Deputy Sheriffs Asociation.

Subject: Firearms

The landmark decisions the U.S. Supreme Court made in Heller and McDonald as well as Article I section 25 of the Wisconsin constitution establishes that every qualified individual in the United States, and Wisconsin has the fundamental right to keep and bear arms for personal protection. In November a number of sheriffs will be running for election or re-election. To many of us who believe in our right to provide for our own personal protection the candidate opinions on this issue is very important. I hope that those candidates are free to express their independant opinions. However, I suspect a number will follow the general opinion of your organiztion. In that regard I would like to present the following question. Bear in mind that I am asking this question as a law abiding citizen that has respect for law enforcement, not a criminal that would have no regard for any law.

Question:

If you organization was asked which manner of firearm carry by the general public would it prefer. Would it select:

A. open carry.

B. concealed carry

C. constitutional carry (manner of carry at discretion of carrier).

D. No carry by the general public.

I received two responses

First response:
have passed your email to the officers of the association and hope they reply. It is a item that needs to be addressed by the Board of Directors again. At one point they opposed concealed carry and I don't know if they have changed that stand or not, it has been several years.

Jim Cardinal, Executive Director

Second response;

The question is posed in a manner that the association cannot answer without offending lots of people. Since the association is not running for election it should leave the answer to individual sheriffs.