• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Decission to open carry

Kevin150

I have had permits to carry since 1980. SD-ND-MN. I have always carried concealed. Carry everywhere I go. I remember how I felt the first time I carried concealed. Feel a bit the same making the move to open carry. A little intimidating. That said, there are times for open carry also. Not many, but some. I live in Apple Valley Mn. I would like to be invited to your next event in the Twin Cities. Talk to people who have and see what experienced they have had. I have read some on these posts. Mostly possitive and no big deal in most places it seems. Any advise or feedback would be apreciated.

rotty

I would be more than interested in getting together for coffee sometime. I live in Burnsville and OC everywhere I am legally allowed. Sometimes having someone else around helps that nervous feeling. You can PM me or reply to this post.

Kevin150

I would be more than interested in getting together for coffee sometime. I live in Burnsville and OC everywhere I am legally allowed. Sometimes having someone else around helps that nervous feeling. You can PM me or reply to this post.

Will do. Gone most weekends. I will get back on here next week.

Kevin150

Coffee with Rotte

Trying to get time to meet for coffee. This week is out also. I will add to this post next week and see if we can work it out.

Last edited:

singhcr

I too live in Apple Valley. I would like to meet up with you guys as well. There's a Caribou Coffee of Cedar Ave. and 147th St, next to Applebee's and Buffalo Wild Wings. If not, there is a Starbucks in the local Barnes and Noble and a Dunn Bros on Galaxie Road.

rotty

I am in for Tuesday 9/21 .. someone pick a spot. Buffalo wild wings bans guns and I am not sure about caribou or dunn bro's.

Kevin150

rotty, you pick a place and I will be there. I have not open carried and you know where it will work. I probably will conceal until I talk. I will look for the guy open carrying I guess. Off work at 5:00 so around 5:30 or so.

Last edited:

rotty

ok guys, lets plan on Starbucks in Lakeville. Easy access, friendly corporate policy, should be a good place. I am thinking 6:00 so no one has to rush to get there. They have patio seating and I know almost everyone that works there so it should not be any sort of issue with LVPD.

Here is a link to the map of where it is - right off 35W and 160th st.
http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&ie...m=4&ved=0CEIQtgMwAw&iwloc=7732103662048253279

Looking forward to meeting you guys ... I will be the big guy on the patio with the .45 on my hip and the large K9 laying next to me.

singhcr

singhcr, are you able to meet also? Rotty is picking and I am buying.

Sorry, I didn't see this message until now. I set the thread to subscribe so I'd be aware of any updates but I guess it didn't work out. I would have been able to meet had I checked this thread earlier... :banghead::banghead:

Maybe we could get together in 2-3 weeks?

Last edited:

rotty

Sorry, I didn't see this message until now. I set the thread to subscribe so I'd be aware of any updates but I guess it didn't work out. I would have been able to meet had I checked this thread earlier... :banghead::banghead:

Maybe we could get together in 2-3 weeks?

I had the same issue when subscribing to a link. make sure you click apply on the bottom ( i had to scroll down to see it)

Of course we will do it again. Met some very nice people and it was good to have conversations with like minded people. I THOROUGHLY enjoyed myself.

singhcr

So were most of you open carrying? I am all for it and intend to do so myself once I get the cash together for a permit. I hate the idea that I have to PAY to exercise my rights but while we move towards a Constitutionally accurate permit-less carry system in MN I still want to be armed while I am out of the house.

I have never actually seen anyone openly carrying a firearm outside of the range. Did you get any looks from anyone or did they not notice? For an experiment I carried my CZ82 in its large leather holster on my left hip while I was around the house. I talked to my parents and brother and walked around the driveway and back. After an hour of doing this I asked my family if they'd noticed the large brown holster on my hip for the last hour. They were shocked to discover that they hadn't noticed it!

It sounded like everyone had fun yesterday, I hope to join you all next time.

rotty: I figured out that I had set the thread subscriber to notify my control panel when a new reply to a thread was made instead of emailing me as I wanted.

Last edited:

rotty

Non issue as far as anyone noticing. They may have, or not I did not really pay attention. Kevin and I were open carrying but the other people that came down for coffee were not but you can bet they were CC.

Like I said, for sure lets do it again sometime real soon !