• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Four Down Two To GO, CHRISTINE SINICKI 20th ASSEMBLY DISTRICT REP ANIT-GUN!!!!

range rat

August 20, 2010

Dear Mr. Malachowski,

Thank you for your call today inquiring about my views regarding changes to Wisconsin law to allow the concealed carrying of weapons.

I appreciate that you took the time to contact me to ask.

As you may know, in the past I have not concurred in such proposed changes to current law in Wisconsin. This is still my position, though we did not take this policy issue up in the full Assembly during the 2009-2010 legislative session. This position is supported by many constituents in the 20th Assembly District, as is the position for concealed carry. The 20th has not leaned markedly one way or the other, as far as I have been able to tell, during my decade in office.

However, I am aware that the recent U.S. Supreme Court decision having to do with the rights of citizens and weapons will make it necessary for the Wisconsin Legislature to reexamine the problem, starting next session, I assume. For that reason, this issue will be something I will be devoting more attention to during my next term.

Thanks again for taking the time to let me know your views on this issue, as well. Even if I am in disagreement with you about a policy issue, it is still important to me to know what you think, because that helps me understand and know my district and all its constituents better.

Best wishes,

Christine Sinicki

State Representative

20th Assembly District

CS/mbg