Thread: examiner.com - Video reenactment shows educational value of open carry

Moderator / Administrator

examiner.com - Video reenactment shows educational value of open carry

Please SUBSCRIBE to this column at http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner

And DIGG and REDDIT the article at

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...-of-open-carry

SNIP

New technology called "text-to-video" available on web sites like Xtranormal.com allows ordinary folks to reenact real life experiences by way of computer generated voices and animated charachters. The result allows the kind of detached analysis of an event that is not possible with a single person simply re-telling a story in first person.

The creator of the text-to-video YouTube video below captioned the video with the following statement:

"This is an example of a conversation that took place on a corner near my home in front of a corner bakery."

The video portrays in step by step detail the human metamorphisis from "gun-rights-skeptic" to "open minded gun rights accomodator" that many open carriers have witnessed from coast to coast . . .

Subscribed

SUBSCRIBED and added to favs found some great reading there
    "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

I don't know about you, but I'm damned tired of seeing people hack together their BS arm0chair philosophy into the 1000+ crappy movies of two pandas talking to each other with Microsoft voices. For sanity's sake, don't add to this stupid fad of text-to-movie videos.

If you want to speak your mind, just record a video of you speaking your mind with your phone. Or at least read from a script. It'll be easier to make, less painful to watch, and leagues more interesting than seeing those two damned pandas again.

Quote Originally Posted by ooghost1oo View Post
    I don't know about you, but I'm damned tired of seeing people hack together their BS arm0chair philosophy into the 1000+ crappy movies of two pandas talking to each other with Microsoft voices. For sanity's sake, don't add to this stupid fad of text-to-movie videos.

If you want to speak your mind, just record a video of you speaking your mind with your phone. Or at least read from a script. It'll be easier to make, less painful to watch, and leagues more interesting than seeing those two damned pandas again.
    I find some of Xtranormal's videos interesting, though only the ones that were linked from more sourced forums. The vast majority of them are trash, and debase any pro-carry arguments which might be created by using them.

I see some value in them should they ever have a reply option allowing a charcter to say, "You, Sir, seem to be totally void of both Constitutional and State law. Please visit opencarry.org so that you may correct your condition.
    Last edited by since9; 01-09-2011 at 08:08 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    I find some of Xtranormal's videos interesting, though only the ones that were linked from more sourced forums. The vast majority of them are trash, and debase any pro-carry arguments which might be created by using them.

I see some value in them should they ever have a reply option allowing a charcter to say, "You, Sir, seem to be totally void of both Constitutional and State law. Please visit opencarry.org so that you may correct your condition.
    They would first have to care what other might think, indicating an open and willing attitude to consider other POV.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.