• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

examiner.com - Video reenactment shows educational value of open carry

Mike

Site Co-Founder
Please SUBSCRIBE to this column at http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner

And DIGG and REDDIT the article at

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...luminates-the-educational-value-of-open-carry

SNIP

New technology called "text-to-video" available on web sites like Xtranormal.com allows ordinary folks to reenact real life experiences by way of computer generated voices and animated charachters. The result allows the kind of detached analysis of an event that is not possible with a single person simply re-telling a story in first person.

The creator of the text-to-video YouTube video below captioned the video with the following statement:

"This is an example of a conversation that took place on a corner near my home in front of a corner bakery."

The video portrays in step by step detail the human metamorphisis from "gun-rights-skeptic" to "open minded gun rights accomodator" that many open carriers have witnessed from coast to coast . . .

ooghost1oo

I don't know about you, but I'm damned tired of seeing people hack together their BS arm0chair philosophy into the 1000+ crappy movies of two pandas talking to each other with Microsoft voices. For sanity's sake, don't add to this stupid fad of text-to-movie videos.

If you want to speak your mind, just record a video of you speaking your mind with your phone. Or at least read from a script. It'll be easier to make, less painful to watch, and leagues more interesting than seeing those two damned pandas again.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I don't know about you, but I'm damned tired of seeing people hack together their BS arm0chair philosophy into the 1000+ crappy movies of two pandas talking to each other with Microsoft voices. For sanity's sake, don't add to this stupid fad of text-to-movie videos.

If you want to speak your mind, just record a video of you speaking your mind with your phone. Or at least read from a script. It'll be easier to make, less painful to watch, and leagues more interesting than seeing those two damned pandas again.

I find some of Xtranormal's videos interesting, though only the ones that were linked from more sourced forums. The vast majority of them are trash, and debase any pro-carry arguments which might be created by using them.

I see some value in them should they ever have a reply option allowing a charcter to say, "You, Sir, seem to be totally void of both Constitutional and State law. Please visit opencarry.org so that you may correct your condition.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I find some of Xtranormal's videos interesting, though only the ones that were linked from more sourced forums. The vast majority of them are trash, and debase any pro-carry arguments which might be created by using them.

I see some value in them should they ever have a reply option allowing a charcter to say, "You, Sir, seem to be totally void of both Constitutional and State law. Please visit opencarry.org so that you may correct your condition.

They would first have to care what other might think, indicating an open and willing attitude to consider other POV.