• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heading to Greensborough

Stafford_1911

My new nice has arrived!!! I’m driving down to Greensborough in the morning. What do I need to know? I know you all don’t have preemption, so may I oc or should I play it conservative and cc. I’ll be heading in on 85 and I don’t plan to stop anywhere unless forced to.
Thanks guys!!!

spinner

Greensboro

I live close to Greensboro in Burlington, I OC. everywhere including Greensboro. You will be OK. If you have any reservation go to http://www.meetup.com/Triangle-Open-Carry/ and hit photo's. I took these picture's last saturday in greensboro at the restore the constitution rally at Battleground park. Take notice of the cops, if it wasn't OK they would have had to arrest 300 people. Know and assert your rights. GOD BLESS.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Check out Friendorfoe: http://friendorfoe.us/Default.aspx

Look up Greensboro & you will see that many businesses have reviews on them.

As others have said, it (unfortunately) isn't legal to carry in any establishment that serves alcohol for the purpose of consumption. Same goes for anyplace that charges admission (i.e., movie theaters).

I live in Greensboro, near the border with High Point, and I OC almost every day in both cities. I have never had any problems with LEO's.

One thing I will recommend is that you don't OC in Four Seasons Mall, in the event that you go there.

Stafford_1911

Thanks everyone.

It was a good trip. It’s a nice town and the people were pretty friendly compared to other places we visit. The only issue I had was with a particular family member but that was expected.

We stayed at the Marriott over by the airport. It was kind of fun to see the reaction of the out of town folks (mostly New Jersey) there to drop their kids of at collage.