• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Morgantown Gabriel Brothers Store....not a fan of open carry in their store.

feeldasteel

Went to Gabriels today after work, thought I may find a decent bargain. i was open carrying of course. Well....for the first time I was asked to leave. A young kid walks up and says, "sir can i speak with you?" Then he politely informed me that they do not allow firearms in their store. i asked him why they dont put a sign up to save on the confusion. He just shrugged, So I asked if this was Company policy, Store Policy, or just securitys policy. His reply was that it is private property and I have to leave. So I just said, no problrem and left. Not before informing him and the manager who accompanied me to the door that I and my family have spent the last penny they will ever spend in their store. Didnt seem to bother him...i wonder if it will bother their corperate office??? who knows...But Ill find out!

Curmudgeon

I'm curious to hear what you learn as well. The "Gabes" here in York (PA) has had no problem with it, and we are in there all the time. To be fair, we have not had any conversations with any employees or managers, so I can't say anything regarding corporate policy.

Let us know what you find out!

P.S: You probably already know this, but it looks like you handled this situation as well as anyone could.

feeldasteel

well it looks like im gonna have to wait until Monday to find out what they say...they are closed on the weekends at their corperate offices. Thanks for your comments...I will be recording the conversation and will post it on youtube and put the link on here.

feeldasteel

Well...i sent an email to G.B inc. explaining the situation. Whoever it is that reviews them got back to me telling me that my email will be forwarded to the powers that be and I will be recieving some sort of explaination in the next couple days. i am very anxious to see what the response will be. Should be interesting. i have tried to contact the store itself to ask a manager what the deal is, but I cannot find a number for the store, I can only find one for the warehouse and headquarters on Scott Ave. Not sure what that is all about. anyway they arent opened on weekends, so Ill find out something tomorrow.:banghead:

KPatrick

Interesting, I look forward to seeing the result of this. I OC in the Morgantown Gabes everytime I go: never had a problem. Let us know what corporate sends your way.

--- KPatrick

feeldasteel

Interesting, I look forward to seeing the result of this. I OC in the Morgantown Gabes everytime I go: never had a problem. Let us know what corporate sends your way.

--- KPatrick

Well....they have pretty much ignored my every attempt to talk to a person about this situation,My boycott will continue until otherwise..