• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bank Of America

sudden valley gunner

I've had no problems banking there.

To M1, I still don't see a statement of "follow state and local laws". However another member here PMed me about that and that was what they stated.

Give it time.....:lol::lol:. It wasn't just one isolated incident, though. Everybody does what is best for them. If they are good to you I'd stay too.

amlevin

I've had no problems banking there.

You are still young. BoA only has two kinds of customers. Those who have had problems and those who will have problems. They are just like the old telephone company, before breakup. Their unstated motto is "We don't care. We don't have to."

Any Company that big doesn't have to answer to their customers. They only answer to the Government and they can "buy" that.

Try a Credit Union like BECU or any of the many other choices. If there is a problem you can actually talk to a person that speaks english, is right here in the NW, and usually gets the problem handled. They pay better interest on deposit accounts and no fee's on ATM use.

GreatWhiteLlama

You are still young. BoA only has two kinds of customers. Those who have had problems and those who will have problems. They are just like the old telephone company, before breakup. Their unstated motto is "We don't care. We don't have to."

Any Company that big doesn't have to answer to their customers. They only answer to the Government and they can "buy" that.

Try a Credit Union like BECU or any of the many other choices. If there is a problem you can actually talk to a person that speaks english, is right here in the NW, and usually gets the problem handled. They pay better interest on deposit accounts and no fee's on ATM use.

+1

I've been banking with BECU for over 15 years and have never had a problem.

devildoc5

I have never had a problem with the BoA on Bridgeport here in Lakewood, thus no reason to contact corporate or get a policy. HOWEVER IIRC BoA is a no guns policy, probably due to the whole north hollywood shootout deal a dozen or so years back. However my memory is shot and like I said I have never had a problem with this before at the Lakewood location....

Scratch that last comment. I was JUST trespassed for OC at this very same BoA that I have not EVER had a problem with (granted only about a month or two of weekly visits) The one who trespassed me even came up to me and addressed me by name!

I was informed "Guns are not allowed in banks except for bank robberies and police." Apparently if I had intended on robbing the place my gun would have been acceptable then....:question::question::question::question::question:

I have left a VM with the branch VP requesting a return phone call regarding "an incident that happened at her branch today." I will try and iron this out for 100% certain, however I fear that they will stand by corporate policy of "no guns." If that is the case I guess Key Bank is where my money will end up going? (they do allow OC right?)

Anyways just thought I would post and let all know what has happened and what the status is thus far. If anything happens I will keep all informed.

Also does anyone actually have a REAL BoA policy regarding customers with handguns? Or is everything I have been hearing just he said she said?

jt59

Wells Fargo is another bank that I have no problems OC"g in....in store Safeway and brick and mortar stand alones:

North Pearl and 30th - Tacoma - tellers windows

Bridgeport and 40th - University Place - tellers windows and at the desk of a customer assistant

72nd and Yakima - Safeway in bank store - tellers windows, ATM, Manager's desk

ps: not a big fan of Keybank...but I left them 20 years ago over poor service - who knows how it is now....maybe better. JMO

Scratch that last comment. I was JUST trespassed for OC at this very same BoA that I have not EVER had a problem with (granted only about a month or two of weekly visits) The one who trespassed me even came up to me and addressed me by name!

I was informed "Guns are not allowed in banks except for bank robberies and police." Apparently if I had intended on robbing the place my gun would have been acceptable then....:question::question::question::question::question:

I have left a VM with the branch VP requesting a return phone call regarding "an incident that happened at her branch today." I will try and iron this out for 100% certain, however I fear that they will stand by corporate policy of "no guns." If that is the case I guess Key Bank is where my money will end up going? (they do allow OC right?)

Anyways just thought I would post and let all know what has happened and what the status is thus far. If anything happens I will keep all informed.

Also does anyone actually have a REAL BoA policy regarding customers with handguns? Or is everything I have been hearing just he said she said?

devildoc5

I just recieved the phone call back from the branch VP of the Lakewood branch of Boa.

"Bank of America follows ALL state laws inside and outside of our branches."

I asked for something in writing and she informed me she would "look into it"

She also told me to feel free to call her anytime and "promised" me I would not be asked to leave again.

So actually stated "If one of my associates asks you to leave because of your gun again you refuse and tell them they need to find me IMMEDIATELY."

Not sure I am gonna refuse to leave but it is reassuring, she even told me "The employee who asked you to leave is 'gun shy'."

She is 100% on board with OC at least in the Lakewood branch....

jt59

Can we please have her Name, title and direct line?...I'll keep it in the "what do you have in yourwallet?...section of my wallet

I just recieved the phone call back from the branch VP of the Lakewood branch of Boa.

"Bank of America follows ALL state laws inside and outside of our branches."

I asked for something in writing and she informed me she would "look into it"

She also told me to feel free to call her anytime and "promised" me I would not be asked to leave again.

So actually stated "If one of my associates asks you to leave because of your gun again you refuse and tell them they need to find me IMMEDIATELY."

Not sure I am gonna refuse to leave but it is reassuring, she even told me "The employee who asked you to leave is 'gun shy'."

She is 100% on board with OC at least in the Lakewood branch....

devildoc5

Like I said in my previous posts she is the VP of the Lakewood branch (Branch Manager) Her name is Cheryl Whitesell. I do not have her "direct number" just the local branch number which is 253 305 3080. I had to ask to be transferred to her.

She apologized PROFUSELY for her employees embarassing me by asking me to leave. (I never even implied that I was embarassed, as I wasn't). She also told me "you were very pleasant and even the employee who was gun shy and asked you to leave told me your were one of the nicest customers she has ever dealt with."

Even though the situation was not perfect I think we can all agree that this was a positive experience, it let a few more people realize that MWAG is not always some moron who is trying to scare people.

Slowly changing peoples minds 1 or 2 people at a time...lol

Last edited:

jt59

cool...

PS - Thank you for following up on this....gentle pressure....

........................................................applied relentlessly.

Good on you!

Like I said in my previous posts she is the VP of the Lakewood branch (Branch Manager) Her name is Cheryl Whitesell. I do not have her "direct number" just the local branch number which is 253 305 3080. I had to ask to be transferred to her.

She apologized PROFUSELY for her employees embarassing me by asking me to leave. (I never even implied that I wa embarassed, as I wasn't). She also told me "you were very pleasant and even the employee who was gun shy and asked you to leave told me your were one of the nicest customers she has ever dealt with."

Even though the situation was not perfect I think we can all agree that this was a positive experience, it let a few more people realize that MWAG is not always some moron who is trying to scare people.

Slowly changing peoples minds 1 or 2 people at a time...lol

New Daddy

Close your accounts with them, and Chase, if you have them.

BOA gave loans to 'undocumented immigrants' with no social security number, a signature loan basically, for up to 2k$, while American citizens who HAD socials were 'required' to supply them to get approved for loans...

BOA also refuses to do business with gun shops and the like. They will not let you open an account, and if they realize later that it's a gun related business, they'll close the account...

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65518&highlight=Bank+and+America

If you need a referral to Navy Federal Credit Union, let me know. They actually PAY you to keep money there, and there are no fees other than the standard overdraft fees and ATM fees (on some accounts).

They do not allow OC (or CC for that matter), due to 'complexities in state law, we can't train every person in every state on every law, so our board of directors thought it easier to just disallow it' , as said by a guy from corporate security. I was also told that 'We really feel for your position, since here probably about 90% of us are retired police or military and carry everywhere, except for work, it's against our policy as employees to carry in the building. HOWEVER, that being said, if a customer were to come into one of our branches concealed, and it wasn't printing, we wouldn't even know a gun existed, so it would be a non-issue, now I can't tell you to carry concealed in our branches, as it is something that we've chosen not to allow, but if no one knows, then no one can say anything, if you get my drift'..

Wasn't verbatim, but close enough.

The customer service from them is OUTSTANDING, I applied for a loan and picked up the check the same day, nothing but great experiences with them.

I've had problems with BOA "customer" service. I refinanced my house and the lender sold the mortgage to BOA. I sent BOA my first payment and they lost it. They told me I was late, I downloaded the canceled check from my bank and faxed it to them (front and back on one page). They told me that they hadn't received the fax of the back of the check.

When I pointed out that both sides of the check were on one page and that this was physically impossible, they changed their story and told me the back illegible. I'm still late. They refuse to let me talk to a supervisor - tell me he will call me (I'm still waiting for that call back - it's been 9 months). I sent the a certified RR letter with a copy of the check.

Their collections department starts calling. I speak to the collections manager (who has system access) and he admits that the faxed check is on the system.

In the mean time, they won't let me make my second payment - because the first payment is in the rears. Now, the second payment is late. I call the attorney.

I finally get a customer service supervisor on the phone. The guy actually says, "BOA is a big company and you've got proof that you paid, do you really think we'd try to rip you off?" I tell him yes - and reiterate the lies and deflection I'd been getting. However, two days after talking to this guy - my account gets cleared and I'm "allowed" to make the second payment without penalty.

Time from payment (3 days before due date) to resolution? 52 days.

mark-in-texas

I've had problems with BOA "customer" service. I refinanced my house and the lender sold the mortgage to BOA. I sent BOA my first payment and they lost it. They told me I was late, I downloaded the canceled check from my bank and faxed it to them (front and back on one page). They told me that they hadn't received the fax of the back of the check.

When I pointed out that both sides of the check were on one page and that this was physically impossible, they changed their story and told me the back illegible. I'm still late. They refuse to let me talk to a supervisor - tell me he will call me (I'm still waiting for that call back - it's been 9 months). I sent the a certified RR letter with a copy of the check.

Their collections department starts calling. I speak to the collections manager (who has system access) and he admits that the faxed check is on the system.

In the mean time, they won't let me make my second payment - because the first payment is in the rears. Now, the second payment is late. I call the attorney.

I finally get a customer service supervisor on the phone. The guy actually says, "BOA is a big company and you've got proof that you paid, do you really think we'd try to rip you off?" I tell him yes - and reiterate the lies and deflection I'd been getting. However, two days after talking to this guy - my account gets cleared and I'm "allowed" to make the second payment without penalty.

Time from payment (3 days before due date) to resolution? 52 days.

My folks had a similar situation with Wells Fargo and their morgage payments. Mom would send the check in 5 to 7 days before due date, get the canceled check back from the bank showing it was cashed 2-3 days later but it would take 10 to 14 days for Wells Fargo to post it towards the account! She'd get called by them and literally had the paid check in her hand. Do like my mom did, start sending payments by registered/return receipt mail! Get physical proof the payment was there before the due date.

amlevin

My folks had a similar situation with Wells Fargo and their morgage payments. Mom would send the check in 5 to 7 days before due date, get the canceled check back from the bank showing it was cashed 2-3 days later but it would take 10 to 14 days for Wells Fargo to post it towards the account! She'd get called by them and literally had the paid check in her hand. Do like my mom did, start sending payments by registered/return receipt mail! Get physical proof the payment was there before the due date.

I just stop by the bank and take care of both BankCard and House Payment. Give them two checks and get back a receipt that shows both as paid. At the latest they are both posted the NEXT morning.

Faceplant

I bank at Seattle Metropolitan Credit Union.
The only branch that I have had the oportunity to carry in is the Lynnwood branch. Never a problem with the employees. The last time I was in I was standing in line and the older woman that is behind me in line askes if I am a police officer. I politly tell her I am not and she gets a worried look on her face. I smile back at her and show her the money in my hand and inform her that I am making a deposit not a withdrawl.

After the chuckling on both of our parts we had a very nice conversation.

devildoc5

see that wouldnt work for me though. I get all of my stuff Direct Deposit so if I am in the bank it usually is for a withdrawal!
Kinda hard to make a joke out of that one, at least with a bunch of scaredies around....