• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bank Of America

OrangeIsTrouble

Has anyone dealt with BoA on legally carried firearms and contacted corporate and gotten ahold of written policy prohibiting carried firearms? If you have and you found a "similar to starbucks" follow state and local laws policy please let me know. I'd like to know before I take further action with the branch on pac highway next to the airport in sea-tac.

devildoc5

I have never had a problem with the BoA on Bridgeport here in Lakewood, thus no reason to contact corporate or get a policy. HOWEVER IIRC BoA is a no guns policy, probably due to the whole north hollywood shootout deal a dozen or so years back. However my memory is shot and like I said I have never had a problem with this before at the Lakewood location....

mark-in-texas

I always love references to that North Hollywood BOA shoot-out! If that had happened here in Texas a deer hunter with a scoped 30-06 would have ended it with 2 bullets from anywhere inside 300 yrds! lol

devildoc5

I think anyone BUT LAPD would have ended it quicker... Nothing against LAPD, they do a good job in general. However they were one of the LAST big pd's to adopt rifles for everyone of their officers.

And to think those officers "robbed" (read broke into and acquired for official police use) a gun store and ubtained a bunch of AR rifles. Then not too long after that the Brady Bill gets passed and even referenced the shootout in the signing speech! How oxymoronic is that?

TechnoWeenie

Has anyone dealt with BoA on legally carried firearms and contacted corporate and gotten ahold of written policy prohibiting carried firearms? If you have and you found a "similar to starbucks" follow state and local laws policy please let me know. I'd like to know before I take further action with the branch on pac highway next to the airport in sea-tac.

Close your accounts with them, and Chase, if you have them.

BOA gave loans to 'undocumented immigrants' with no social security number, a signature loan basically, for up to 2k$, while American citizens who HAD socials were 'required' to supply them to get approved for loans...

BOA also refuses to do business with gun shops and the like. They will not let you open an account, and if they realize later that it's a gun related business, they'll close the account...

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65518&highlight=Bank+and+America

If you need a referral to Navy Federal Credit Union, let me know. They actually PAY you to keep money there, and there are no fees other than the standard overdraft fees and ATM fees (on some accounts).

They do not allow OC (or CC for that matter), due to 'complexities in state law, we can't train every person in every state on every law, so our board of directors thought it easier to just disallow it' , as said by a guy from corporate security. I was also told that 'We really feel for your position, since here probably about 90% of us are retired police or military and carry everywhere, except for work, it's against our policy as employees to carry in the building. HOWEVER, that being said, if a customer were to come into one of our branches concealed, and it wasn't printing, we wouldn't even know a gun existed, so it would be a non-issue, now I can't tell you to carry concealed in our branches, as it is something that we've chosen not to allow, but if no one knows, then no one can say anything, if you get my drift'..

Wasn't verbatim, but close enough.

The customer service from them is OUTSTANDING, I applied for a loan and picked up the check the same day, nothing but great experiences with them.

sudden valley gunner

Never had an issue at BOA,I just cashed a check there two days ago. If Navy Credit won't allow by simply following state law I wouldn't open an account there either.

amlevin

Whenever you contact a Corporation and ask about their "Firearms Policy" you will almost always get their official "Employee Firearm Policy, not the one that pertains to Customers. These policies are always pulled out of some Employee Handbook. None say Customers are not allowed to legally carry firearms in their business. One exception is the Post Office but it's not a business, it's more of a joke.

As for BoA, I have carried on their premises for well over 30 years. Had a manager even ask once "is that a gun?" Goes to show the intelligence level they hire.

This Bank Manager has some brains:

http://www.brenhambanner.com/articles/2010/08/19/news/news03.txt

We need to see some signs like this out West.
“Lawful concealed carry permitted on these premises. Management recognizes the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution as an inalienable right of all citizens. We therefore support and encourage the carrying of licensed concealed weapons.”
news03.jpg

Last edited:

joeroket

What action are you planning and is there something that happened?

OrangeIsTrouble

What action are you planning and is there something that happened?

I was doing some business in that bank, and talking with a teller showing me around, and I asked about lawfully possessed firearms and he looks at me strange and tells me no, nobody but police can have a gun in a bank, it's a bank... now I want to find out if it is BoA policy to abide by state and local laws like starbux, or if they really do have a no guns for customers policy somewhere. I want to make some calls but like amlevin said, I might talk to more peolpe who don't know what they are talking about.

SargentMac

I was doing some business in that bank, and talking with a teller showing me around, and I asked about lawfully possessed firearms and he looks at me strange and tells me no, nobody but police can have a gun in a bank, it's a bank... now I want to find out if it is BoA policy to abide by state and local laws like starbux, or if they really do have a no guns for customers policy somewhere. I want to make some calls but like amlevin said, I might talk to more peolpe who don't know what they are talking about.

This sounds to me like an idiot underling talking out of his/her ass based on assumptions and years of media brainwashing. My response would have been something along the lines of, "Really? It's not illegal to carry a firearm in a bank. Did someone here tell you that it was illegal? Also, could I speak with your manager? Thanks."

devildoc5

no offense to poosharker, he is a great guy, however I think the error here was in the fact that the question was brought up by him. I think it would have been ignored if no one had asked a single question. That is just my honest opinion though....

OrangeIsTrouble

no offense to poosharker, he is a great guy, however I think the error here was in the fact that the question was brought up by him. I think it would have been ignored if no one had asked a single question. That is just my honest opinion though....

I can't oc like all of you 21+ people. If i never asked everyone would have ignored it because there was no firearm.

If I was ocing, I wouldn't ask for permission, because it know it is lawful, I was just curious if the bank had a policy on it.

Also I did ask for the manager, but they put me on the phone with some angry security guy who is against OC to the max and said you would be shot first by a bank robber...wasn't a nice guy, kept cutting me off and interupting, after a bit of that I just told him have a nice day and hung up.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Under the old forum I could post the info but its harder than hell to find anything. BOA is like Starbucks, key bank and other businesses.

I OC in the Tacoma Mall Blvd & Fife location without issue.