• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whats next?

April.Fools

Currently I carry a FNP 45 but Im always looking to add to my collection:lol:. I know It has to be .45 but what are some of the options Im looking at keeping in mind that price right now isnt really a factor. Im open to all ideas comapct or not. Let me know

exelci

HK

FNP 45 Tactical (might want to trade yours for a Tactical) USP Tactical, Mark 23.. USP 45, USP COMPACT 45. those are all the polymer 45s i would consider (since your FNP is Plastic) i would recomend a USP 45C or maybe a CT since i have one.. oH almost forgot Sig P220 or P220R for the non plastic..

Last edited:

Michigander

. oH almost forgot Sig P220 or P220R for the non plastic..

The FNP 45 is more or less a P220 done right, that is, it's double stacked, the configuration people have wanted from Sig for decades. And it's available much more cheaply than a Sig. The P220 is definitely fancier, but in terms of a carry gun, it is sorely lacking compared to the excellent FNP for no other reason than capacity.

The only exception is if you like a bigger bulge from your backstrap area, and can't handle a double stack .45 with such a grip. Then, and only then a P220 can make the most sense.

sultan62

Ummm...name is April Fool's. So I'm not gonna put much effort into it, yet it's a completely honest and perfect answer.

April.Fools

Ive got nothing against a 1911 but for me personally the grip is too small. Im going to look at a friends fnp tactical next week. I dont see whats so great about a 1911 my fnp 45 out performs my dads 1911 all day long... just dont get it. Im checking on a sig sauer p220 combat with a threaded barrel. thanks for the replies. Its my money so I and just asking for recommendations. Thanks again.

45acpForMe

The FNP 45 is more or less a P220 done right, that is, it's double stacked, the configuration people have wanted from Sig for decades. And it's available much more cheaply than a Sig. The P220 is definitely fancier, but in terms of a carry gun, it is sorely lacking compared to the excellent FNP for no other reason than capacity.

The only exception is if you like a bigger bulge from your backstrap area, and can't handle a double stack .45 with such a grip. Then, and only then a P220 can make the most sense.

I own both the FNP-45 and Sig P220's "and" H&K USP in 45. The FNP-45 is like a child of the P220+USP in my opinion! The FNP-45 is bigger than the Sig and USP but shares qualities of both. Also the FNP-45 shoots VERY well!!!

So if you like the FNP-45 you WILL like either a Sig P220 or an H&K USP. All are easy to breakdown and clean and all shoot well out of the box.

Sometimes it helps if you have a purpose in mind for your next purchase like "mainly-CC" or "Range-Gun", or "Wilderness-Gun. Another category is "Cost less than I have in my checking account-Gun" :). If you want a decent gun for CC try a Taurus PT145 millenium. If you read through the forum you will see some people complaining about them and others that love them. I love mine. I guess there are lemons out there though. The PT145 is 45acp, 10+1 with thumb safety and a few other features like loaded chamber indicator (hard to see), locking mechanism (don't use). The best feature is that it fits in my front pocket when I wear jeans or khaki shorts. So it is my main CC/BUG and usually a SIG/H&K/FN/1911 on my hip OC-ing.