• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pharmacist kills Robber

gprod55

Tonights Channel 5 News here in OKC. Antwun Parkers mother made a statement that her son was a hero when he was killed trying to rob a pharmacy. He was shot by Pharmacist Jerome Ersland when he and and a friend tried to rob the pharmacy at gunpoint. Ersland drew his own gun and shot Parker in the head chased the other gunman out the store then came back and pumped 5 more shots into Parker. Ersland is under indictment for murder. His case has been postponed until the middle of September. A pathologist has come forward with a statement that the head shot was fatal negating the district attorneys case of murder. The district attorney has not at this time made up his mind as to release Ersland and will continue with the case until all the facts are in.
What has this world come to? Making a robber a hero and trying to use the fact that he was only 16 to sway the populace in convicting a man defending himself. If the case does go to court hopefully he will have the jurors on his side. Good luck to Jerome Ersland.

OldCurlyWolf

Momma is upset that "her little baby" got killed committing a robbery. That is very understandable.

Calling him a hero is IDIOCY.

That pharmacist should never have used the second firearm. He may get off, but he was REALLY STUPID.

chrsjhnsn

I remember that case

the robbers shot at him first, Jerome Ersland got arrested for shooting the dead or nearly dead perp again when he "didn't need to" Recently the Judge recused herself. I hope he gets acquitted.

edited to add, I agree with above poster

Last edited:

Soonerfan

I remember hearing about this story when I lived in Oklahoma. I hope the Pharmacist gets acquitted. He was defending himself in the first place. Now, shooting the gun a few more times was not a good idea but I try to put myself in his position. With all the different emotions of anger, fear, confusion,ect that he was going through at that moment, I can't say i wouldn't do the same thing in his position. Although, i hope i wouldn't make the same decision.

C-dub

It will be interesting twist if Mr. Ersland goes free with no charges against him based on this new fact. It also makes me wonder what went on in that man's head. Was he still full of adrenalin? IIRC, he claims he thought the kid was still trying to go for a weapon when he shot him, but if the first head shot was fatal that's a lie. If the boy was dead then I don't think it's too big a leap to say that Mr. Ersland, not knowing the boy was actually dead, was going back to finish him off. That would mean that his intention was cold blooded premeditated murder.

I originally hoped that the Grand Jury would not indict Mr. Ersland or that he would be acquited if they did. Now, I don't know what I think of him.

OldCurlyWolf

It will be interesting twist if Mr. Ersland goes free with no charges against him based on this new fact. It also makes me wonder what went on in that man's head. Was he still full of adrenalin? IIRC, he claims he thought the kid was still trying to go for a weapon when he shot him, but if the first head shot was fatal that's a lie. If the boy was dead then I don't think it's too big a leap to say that Mr. Ersland, not knowing the boy was actually dead, was going back to finish him off. That would mean that his intention was cold blooded premeditated murder.

I originally hoped that the Grand Jury would not indict Mr. Ersland or that he would be acquited if they did. Now, I don't know what I think of him.

If the boy was already dead, then all they can charge for the second bunch of shots is desecrating a corpse, no matter what his intent was

:shocker:.