Thread: New occasional OC piece

New occasional OC piece

Think this is the first time I've seen it come up here. Came in today UPS, so nice not filling out the damn form. Just what I like in a firearm, unusual & inexpensive. I even know where I can find ammo . Yeah, so it definitely won't be for daily carry, but I think I'll take it along to the next OC meet. Even came with a holster. And I just dig the fact that it's older than any living member of my entire family. Looks like I have a day of scraping cosmoline ahead of me this weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nagant2.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	3651Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nagant.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	3650
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

So, how's the bore on your 7 shooter? Mine is not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeper1 View Post
    So, how's the bore on your 7 shooter? Mine is not very good.
    Looks real good actually. I ponied up the extra $20 for a good bore, looks like it was worth it. Strong rifling & nice & shiny.

Sweet Nagant revolver. Now thread that barrel and get a suppressor for it. Suppressed revolver = win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvF4yurWSc0

That is a beauty! Nice find!

And that video don't work on youtube mobile.
    It ain't easy in the Tweezy.

My favorite one to date: "Uh... You know the hammer's back on it, right?"

Me: o.O "Uh...yeah."

Where to get ammo? That's the issue that's kept me from pulling the trigger on a Nagant. I see that J&G has a bunch in again...and I've been itching to buy another wheel gun.

LOL, yeah put a $1000+ custom suppressor on a hundred dollar gun, heck just the tax stamp would be twice what the gun's worth. Then there's the foogy WA law to deal with .

I've been after one of these things for a while now, I'm fascinated by the sheer weirdness of it, matched by the historical significance (the gun that officially ended Czarist Russia), and of course the "heyIcanaffordthis!-ness" as well. Had a Nagant in mind when I sent in the paperwork for my C&R, but as soon as I actually got the license, the whole supply dried up & prices doubled on all the auction sites. My wife is absolutely the best tho, only a few days after I'd gotten her blessing to get the Noisy Cricket, I found out J&G had just gotten a shipment of Nagants in, to which I said "Aaaargh! " But she still let me get it (and she seems to have taken a liking to the Cz-82 I pointed out to her on their site now).

Where to get ammo? That's the issue that's kept me from pulling the trigger on a Nagant. I see that J&G has a bunch in again...and I've been itching to buy another wheel gun.
    Check out THENAGANTMAN on Youtube. He's got a whole series of vids on taking care of & tweaking these guns (got to do something about that trigger), as well as a cartridge he cooked up that's easily reloadable and actually works well in these guns, unlike .32 S&W long which kindasorta works. As far as the funny-looking gas seal cartridges, I found a local shop here that has some coming in next Thursday, and it sounds like he keeps them around pretty regularly (he's got quite a few oddball ammo types there). Online, yes J&G has some as well as Midway. I'd say go ahead & snag one now while they're available, as popular as they're becoming I think the ammo supply will only get better, and the reload looks like a great option too.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    LOL, yeah put a $1000+ custom suppressor on a hundred dollar gun, heck just the tax stamp would be twice what the gun's worth. Then there's the foogy WA law to deal with .
    It's not about it being practical, it's about doing something that makes folks do a double take. No way around the law though outside of a range trip to Idaho or Oregon.