• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New occasional OC piece

Metalhead47

Think this is the first time I've seen it come up here. Came in today UPS, so nice not filling out the damn form. Just what I like in a firearm, unusual & inexpensive. I even know where I can find ammo :D. Yeah, so it definitely won't be for daily carry, but I think I'll take it along to the next OC meet. Even came with a holster. And I just dig the fact that it's older than any living member of my entire family. :dude: Looks like I have a day of scraping cosmoline ahead of me this weekend.

nagant2.jpgnagant.jpg

oneeyeross

Where to get ammo? That's the issue that's kept me from pulling the trigger on a Nagant. I see that J&G has a bunch in again...and I've been itching to buy another wheel gun.

Metalhead47

LOL, yeah put a $1000+ custom suppressor on a hundred dollar gun:uhoh:, heck just the tax stamp would be twice what the gun's worth. Then there's the foogy WA law to deal with :banghead:.

I've been after one of these things for a while now, I'm fascinated by the sheer weirdness of it, matched by the historical significance (the gun that officially ended Czarist Russia), and of course the "heyIcanaffordthis!-ness" as well. Had a Nagant in mind when I sent in the paperwork for my C&R, but as soon as I actually got the license, the whole supply dried up & prices doubled on all the auction sites. My wife is absolutely the best tho, only a few days after I'd gotten her blessing to get the Noisy Cricket, I found out J&G had just gotten a shipment of Nagants in, to which I said "Aaaargh! :banghead:" But she still let me get it:monkey (and she seems to have taken a liking to the Cz-82 I pointed out to her on their site now).

Where to get ammo? That's the issue that's kept me from pulling the trigger on a Nagant. I see that J&G has a bunch in again...and I've been itching to buy another wheel gun.

Check out THENAGANTMAN on Youtube. He's got a whole series of vids on taking care of & tweaking these guns (got to do something about that trigger), as well as a cartridge he cooked up that's easily reloadable and actually works well in these guns, unlike .32 S&W long which kindasorta works. As far as the funny-looking gas seal cartridges, I found a local shop here that has some coming in next Thursday, and it sounds like he keeps them around pretty regularly (he's got quite a few oddball ammo types there). Online, yes J&G has some as well as Midway. I'd say go ahead & snag one now while they're available, as popular as they're becoming I think the ammo supply will only get better, and the reload looks like a great option too.

k.rollin

LOL, yeah put a $1000+ custom suppressor on a hundred dollar gun:uhoh:, heck just the tax stamp would be twice what the gun's worth. Then there's the foogy WA law to deal with :banghead:.

It's not about it being practical, it's about doing something that makes folks do a double take. No way around the law though outside of a range trip to Idaho or Oregon.