Thread: Gun Shows..?

Lightbulb Gun Shows..?

Quick And Simple Question..

Open Carry Or CC, Legal in gun shows? (in arizona)

You might get a faster answer if you post this in the AZ section of the Forums.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Smile Maybe..

yea maybe But this is the OPEN CARRY QuestiOns Section.. i got time bofore the next gun show i think ill wait for some one to answer.. No hurry but thanx anyways

Banned
    The advantage of asking in the AZ forum is that I guarantee you that dozens of Arizonans will read your question in a very short period of time. Far fewer Arizonans will read your question here. And, we Alabamians are lousy at Arizona law.

I can answer for AL: It is legal, however most shows (probably all) won't allow it for insurance reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by crackersillo View Post
    yea maybe But this is the OPEN CARRY QuestiOns Section.. i got time bofore the next gun show i think ill wait for some one to answer.. No hurry but thanx anyways
    Quit being a smartass. Post it in the AZ section, or don't be surprised when you get no help. Because the entire forum is an OPEN CARRY forum. So the Open Carry Questions section is for topics that span across open carriers regardless of geographic locations or local legal implications. That's why there are state-specific boards.

Quote Originally Posted by crackersillo View Post
    Quick And Simple Question..

Open Carry Or CC, Legal in gun shows? (in arizona)
    Quick n' simple answer. OC at an Arizona gun show is legal. HOWEVER, gun has to be unloaded before entering at adjoining desk by security people, action zip tied and magazine empty.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GWbiker View Post
    Quick n' simple answer. OC at an Arizona gun show is legal. HOWEVER, gun has to be unloaded before entering at adjoining desk by security people, action zip tied and magazine empty.
    Is that the law? Or the venue rules, based on insurance requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Is that the law? Or the venue rules, based on insurance requirements.
    Here in Colorado, it's the same way. No, it's not law; just the venue rules based on insurance requirements.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Here in Colorado, it's the same way. No, it's not law; just the venue rules based on insurance requirements.
    Same in Arizona - no loaded guns inside, and a good decision IMHO. Been to more than several gun shows and each time have witnessed an idiot picking up a handgun on a vendors table, pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger.

I have not been to a show in years, but the last one I went to here in WA they fully allowed open or concealed carry at the show... but you had to "check" your weapon at the door so they could verify that it was UNLOADED and zip tie through the open chamber.

First gun show I went to (I crossed the border to Indiana ) this dude standing about had a bolt-action rifle shouldered...and then he turned around quickly and accidently clocked his girlfriend in the head with the barrel.

But as others said, upon entering the place, you're asked if you have any firearms and to present them unloaded.

Here in Wyoming I have been to several gun shows and the sidearm stayed loaded in the holster, noone cared.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MatieA View Post
    Here in Wyoming I have been to several gun shows and the sidearm stayed loaded in the holster, noone cared.
    Some day I am just going to have to visit Wyoming.