• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 32 or Kimber tactical pro

irish52084

I'm at a real toss up. I really like the idea of buying a brand new glock 32 with night sights for about $600, but for $750 I might be able to get a used kimber tactical pro. The kimber only has 200 rounds through it and I'm really tempted, but 8+1 rounds of 45 vs 13+1 of 357Sig is making this a tough decision. I want both, but the budget wont permit it at this point. I also kind of want a different caliber than I've had and the 357Sig would fit the bill. I hate having to make up my mind.

sultan62

I'd go Kimber. But I'm partial to the .45, don't much care for the Glock, and like the 1911. But then, those are all good reasons to get the Kimber.

.45acp

I'd go with the Kimber, don't worry about the capacity (13+1 vs 8+1) the old 1911 has been more than pulling it weight long before all of these pistols de jour came about. And in 15 or 20 years you will still have a 1911.

Steve

irish52084

I was leaning heavily towards the kimber, but upon further inspection was not impressed with the way it was cared for by previous owner. Too bad, I've had 2 kimber 45's and both were excellent guns.
I bought a new glock 32 with night sights last Saturday and was pleasantly surprised with it's performance. Shoots well and with very controllable recoil for it's weight. For it's intended purpose, primary carry, I think it will serve well. Never owned a glock in this size and was actually surprised at the trigger weight. It must be on the lighter side of the spectrum. Most of the glocks I've shot before, a bunch of them lol, have been uninspiring as far as the triggers are concerned, so I was surprised.
Another 1911 will have to be added to the collection at a later date. I sure miss the feel of a 1911, something about the looks and grip angle just makes them great to shoot. They have an aura about them that most guns just can't touch.