Thread: Off Duty Officer Shot with own Weapon

bhancock

Off Duty Officer Shot with own Weapon

http://www.wkbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=12991504

Anyone know any more about this, article is pretty vague?

I just found a follow up article, a little booze involved and the weapon was definitely not secured!

http://www.wkbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=13021255
    Last edited by bhancock; 08-21-2010 at 11:20 AM. Reason: more info

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    http://news.google.com/news/more?q=S...thony+Blodgett
    25 article hits

A criminal complaint contends Manci took Deputy Anthony Blodgett's pistol from a shelf during a boozy bachelor party in Rhinelander around 1:30 a.m. August 7.

Manci told investigators he thought the gun was unloaded as he held it at his hip in a "cowboy pose." He says he intended to pull the trigger and say "bang."
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 08-21-2010 at 11:22 AM.

bhancock

authorized

Interesting how the news articles all point out that he is authorized to carry his own personal weapon off duty as if this requires some special act, more propaganda.

I had a government employee from human services ask me yesterday if all my guns were properly registered and legal. I told her registrations and permits were not required for any of my firearms and informed her about a few other gun rights and laws that had changed recently regarding youth and firearms. She said it looked like I was more informed and knowledgeable than she was and at that point was satisfied that I was complying with some firearm rules regarding a license I hold for providing care in my home.

Banned
    Please be careful. The Wisconsin Admin. Code is even more turgid than the statutes. My first exposure to Wisconsin gun law amazed me for being related to home care.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bhancock View Post
    Interesting how the news articles all point out that he is authorized to carry his own personal weapon off duty as if this requires some special act, more propaganda.

I had a government employee from human services ask me yesterday if all my guns were properly registered and legal. I told her registrations and permits were not required for any of my firearms and informed her about a few other gun rights and laws that had changed recently regarding youth and firearms. She said it looked like I was more informed and knowledgeable than she was and at that point was satisfied that I was complying with some firearm rules regarding a license I hold for providing care in my home.
    Seems to me that he was not carrying the firearm as the shooter said he removed it from a shelf. There are no special acts required to store your hand gun. Off duty police officers are authorized to ccw under LEOSA.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    Off duty police officers are authorized to ccw under LEOSA.
    Under peculiar and particular conditions, right?

the police are covering this up, so the officer in question does not look like a complete moron, which he probably is. hmmm let's see. COP+BOOZE+Negligent discharge = FAIL. But yes, the police are the only ones that should be allowed to carry guns. LOL , Because they are the only ones that can safely handle them. LOL
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Under peculiar and particular conditions, right?
    There are two types of state laws that are not overridden by the federal law, these being "the laws of any State that (1) permit private persons or entities to prohibit or restrict the possession of concealed firearms on their property; or (2) prohibit or restrict the possession of firearms on any State or local government property, installation, building, base, or park." This does not mean that LEOSA-qualified persons are prohibited from carrying concealed firearms in such areas, but only that they must obey whatever state laws apply on those two points. They are free to disregard all other state and local laws that govern the carrying of concealed firearms.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

A very lucky young man

The gun wasn't unloaded and the bullet grazed Blodgett's left hand before passing through his left thigh and lodging in his right thigh.
    Wow! Officer Blodgett was extremely lucky TWICE that the bullet missed two chances to hit a femoral artery and bleed him out.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

A very lucky young man

The gun wasn't unloaded and the bullet grazed Blodgett's left hand before passing through his left thigh and lodging in his right thigh.

Wow! Officer Blodgett was extremely lucky TWICE that the bullet missed two chances to hit a femoral artery and bleed him out.

You might say, "He dodged a bullet....".
    Last edited by davegran; 08-22-2010 at 08:35 AM.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    It is the worst possible forum-form to quote yourself in order to stroke your own ego.

Almost as bad as creating sock puppets to do your dirty work.
    Uh huh.

bhancock
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Uh huh.
    I think you hit the wrong thread Doug, that quote is from the weapon enhancer thread.